How to remove Hull Numbers

Ok all, I am the proud new owner of a new/used 2019 Ranger RT188. The boat is metallic charcoal or something like that. Anyway, the trim on the side of the boat is red. The old Hull Numbers are also red and the lower half of the numbers cover the trim. How do I remove the hull numbers without removing or damaging the trim underneath? I was thinking a heat gun set to low and using a plastic paint scraper to remove. Will this work, any opinions on how to proceed??

Joe from Virginia

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I would think that a heat gun on low and then very gently prying them off but I would not use a paint scraper if at all possible. I'd start with a finger nail and pull gently.

I would call Iguana Grafix and talk to the owner...I think his name is Darryl. When you say "trim" you could be talking about the red decal. If it has numbers stuck to the red decal, you could make a real bad mess. He has probably dealt with it before and could help you.

If the top number is stuck to the decal and has been there for a long time, you might look at alternatives. I would also get Darryl to do your new numbers. He does great work and can send you some samples on the exact boat you have. Being careful and peeling might work, but if it has baked on in the sun for a couple of years.....could be real stuck.

Iguana is also a BBC advertiser. He did a great job with mine. Look for him here.

Great boat by the way...you will love fishing from the front of it.... Good choice.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA