Thread: Wright Patman

Wright Patman

How's the fishing on this lake in middle April.
    Also does it have much vegetation.

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    That's also a great lake. I haven't been there is a few years, but the weekend series championship was there a few years back.
    I have never seen a lake level fluctuate as much as Patman. I did pretty well with a jig, and also weightless worms. I was last there in the Fall.

Why Wright Patman? Is there another event coming there? Careful navigating, until you learn a little. I remember there were no markers etc..
    Closest lodging was Texarkana, or one of the lakeside parks near the dam for camping.
    Coming from Bama, I could find a few other lakes to enjoy......lol

3. Member
    Man I've got a buddy that lives over that way and wants me to come and fish it with him and all I hear is that its a shit hole so I'll probably be getting sick around that time lol......

4. Member
    The fishing in April will be on fire!! If you are not weighing 19-20lbs you will not cash a check. I can tell you that from March - Sept there were multiple 23 plus bags this year. We also had our individual championship last weekend and took 39lbs for 2 days with big fish at 9.13.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ETX_Fisher View Post
    The fishing in April will be on fire!! If you are not weighing 19-20lbs you will not cash a check. I can tell you that from March - Sept there were multiple 23 plus bags this year. We also had our individual championship last weekend and took 39lbs for 2 days with big fish at 9.13.
    Thanks for the info