OMC Driveshaft shim gauge

Hey guys can someone please tell me what the part no is for a driveshaft shim gauge.
    Engine 1993 Johnson GT 200 standard gear case.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    5005925 up level number old part 0393185 suggested retail $464.99.

3. Member
    The reason why am asking about a shim gauge is because when I rebuilt the engine I also rebuilt the LU. New bearings, gears & seals. I did not know until later u need to check the shaft. The issue I have is when I check fluid I am getting a lot of very fine pieces of metal on drain & fill plug magnets. I have read we’re some say to check it & some say they have never checked. I am not having any trouble other than the fine material on drain magnets. Should I take apart & have it checked or keep on going.
    Thanks

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Fine metal particles on the magnet is normal...as the break in and normal running this is perfectly normal....larger particles or chunks is cause for concern.. I always check the condition of my oil and metal fragments twice a year.

5. Member
    No large chunks, real fine mushy junk.
    Great thank you.

6. Member
    If you did not change the shaft there is no need to measure the play. The shims are to make up for the length tolerance on the shaft.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOracer86 View Post
    If you did not change the shaft there is no need to measure the play. The shims are to make up for the length tolerance on the shaft.
    The shims are there to set the proper gear lash pinion to forward and reverse gears.

8. Member
    I did not change the shaft. I did put a new set of gears & pinion gear in it. From what I read I was under the understanding that it had to be reshimmed. I was getting some very fine particles of metal in gear case & was worried but hopefully it was new gears meshing together.
    Thanks guys

9. Member
    Would anyone be interested in a factory pinion shim gauge set in great condition with very little usage? $275 with free shipping to the lower 48. PM me for more info.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Fisherman View Post
    I did not change the shaft. I did put a new set of gears & pinion gear in it. From what I read I was under the understanding that it had to be reshimmed. I was getting some very fine particles of metal in gear case & was worried but hopefully it was new gears meshing together.
    Thanks guys
    You are correct, if you change gears, you have to shim, if you change the lower driveshaft, you have to shim.
    Usually, .007 shims are the norm.

11. Member
    Guys can someone tell me what hub kit I need to get a Raker 2 prop to fit on a 1992 Yamaha 200. 15 spline