Thread: Lowrance Ghost

Lowrance Ghost

So I was in a tourney and a random deal started with the ghost. I had power to everything related except I lost propulsion(no turn of the prop when I step on the button). I’ve done the software update and a hard restart. I took the pedal apart and everything looks great. The boat and trolling motor are 6 months old. I’ve been given a 3 beep code meaning obstruction so I took off the prop and removed a small length of fishing line. The shaft and set pin were perfect. After the prop went back on I tried it and it worked great. After a power off and back on it didn’t work again and I started getting 5 beeps. Again, the lower unit will respond to directional but the prop won’t spin. I live 180 miles from a service tech, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gang.

2. Member
    I had the same exact issue at the end of a tourney in front of many members, somewhat embarising for me as well as Lowrance.
    Got it home on driveway turned it back on and never had an issue since then.
    I believe I got into some heavy weeds at the dock and just disconnecting the power and turning it back on fixed my issue.
    Although your problem seems somewhat different.

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, I had it run at home briefly. Now I’m down the rabbit hole of beep intervals, button sequence pressing and software miscommunication. It’s looking like it might have to get mailed out which equals a month or so down time. Sucks...

4. Member
    Before you go that route, have you called the Lowrance dedicated tech support line for the Ghost motor?

5. Banned
    I think I’d factory reset it and see what happens.

6. Member
    That is what I would do as well, but realize you will have to do the calibrations again after the reset. If problem continues then call tech support.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    I have a similar issue with new Ghost. Prop will turn for a few minutes but sounds like cutting out then prop stops. All lights on and direction works. Power off and on and does the same thing. Went through Lawrence on resets and calibrations. 100 miles from service center but looking like only option left.

8. Member
    What ever came from this? I’m having exact same issue and desperately need help!