B&B prop from Croxton voids warranty?

I have a friend that sent his T2 25p prop to Mark Croxton for B&B back in April. This past Saturday the prop slung an ear and destroyed the lower unit. His boat is a 2018 model and still within the warranty period with Yamaha. He took the boat to a local dealer to get it fixed and they said since the prop is stamped, it voids the warranty on the propeller and the lower unit. The dealer told him to file an insurance claim.

I had a T2 25p B&B by Mark Croxton and the prop ate into the lower unit and was given a new lower unit and a new prop at no charge covered under the warranty.

Is the dealer just not wanting to deal with this issue or is it true if you have a reworked prop that is stamped it voids the warranty?
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

A repaired or worked prop is No longer “Stock” and they can turn down warranty.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by model70man View Post
    I have a friend that sent his T2 25p prop to Mark Croxton for B&B back in April. This past Saturday the prop slung an ear and destroyed the lower unit. His boat is a 2018 model and still within the warranty period with Yamaha. He took the boat to a local dealer to get it fixed and they said since the prop is stamped, it voids the warranty on the propeller and the lower unit. The dealer told him to file an insurance claim.

I had a T2 25p B&B by Mark Croxton and the prop ate into the lower unit and was given a new lower unit and a new prop at no charge covered under the warranty.

Is the dealer just not wanting to deal with this issue or is it true if you have a reworked prop that is stamped it voids the warranty?
    100% true. Had a guy here that had a local respected shop do some work and they turned his down too. Can't blame the motor manufacturers as they have no control over aftermarket work.

I don’t believe what so ever it has anything to do with the craftsmanship that mark did to the prop. I’ve seen new untouched props throw blades but we are under the mercy of the manufactures and they have the right to void warranty
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

100%

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Have your friend take it to where you did !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

7. Member
    Did he call Yamaha directly? or just the dealer? since I am sure that maybe they did not want to go to the trouble with making very little out of it. He should get all the paperwork showing that Mark only B&B it with no other mods, and let the manufacturer tell him YES OR NO, since they have the last word.
    In the end , he can still file a claim with the insurance as last resort to ge it fixed.

8. Member
    100% voids the warranty. In your case where it worn into the lower unit, that was not the props fault for the damage, that was a faulty Yamaha thrust washer.