mikesxpress

Exclamation USCG east coast boaters shallow draft survey.

The U.S. Coast Guard is asking East Coast boaters to participate in an online survey, to weigh in about the Aids to Navigation (ATON) system on shallow draft waterways — those East Coast waters less than 12-feet in depth. The survey period ends
    Nov. 1, 2020.

The U.S. Coast Guard maintains our country’s ATON system that’s critical to the safe navigation of nearly 12 million recreational and commercial boaters.

Survey questions include the number of years of boating experience you have, where you boat and how often, the types of navigation tools you use aboard your vessel, and others.

The Coast Guard urges East Coast recreational boaters, government agency boat operators and commercial operators (fishing/construction/cargo) to take the survey.

*For the Potomac guys. Here is our opportunity to request markers be placed on the Arkendale wrecks and other obstructions not presently marked. Quite a few of the PRFC obstruction markers have disappeared the past 15 years as the poles have rusted off and not been replaced due to lack of funds.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ShallowWaterWAMS

2. Member
    That is interesting. I will check it out as soon as I have more time.

Did this get posted in Lounge for more traffic?

3. mikesxpress
    Never go in the lounge. Not fit for man nor beast in there. Applicable only to us coastal guys that fish the tributaries feeding directly into saltwater.

4. Member
    Ok I did the survey. I hope they do make some improvements.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

5. Member
    Done.

6. Member
    I'm in

7. mikesxpress
    The more folks that participate in the survey the more attention we get. While the majority of us know where to navigate safely, we don't want anyone getting hurt or tear up gear. Even tourists.

8. Member
    Done, thanks for the info.

Did mine, thx
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki