Thread: FXR fuel gauge

FXR fuel gauge

My fuel gauge on FXR limited had the normal analog style gauge plus the digital gauge that shows a bar graph , percent of fuel left and shows GPH usage.

my gauge will fluctuate showing 60% then all of a sudden it starts showing 90%.

anyone know anything with what is causing it to spazz out ? Likely need to take to a dealer for warranty unless anyone has experience with a quick fix.

2. Member
    Is it changing while taking off, moving, or in rough water. The gas will fluctuate as the gas sloshes around

3. Member
    I assume you are talking about the digital gauge? Does it move from 60-90% rapidly?

4. Member
    When you start the boat or just turn the key on and let sit for a minute it will show where it is. say 63%. Then run the boat off and on etc, then all of a sudden its climbing to near 100%.

Did it with a half tank, has happened multiple times. Not related to moving or rough water etc. This would only change it a certain amount, it wouldnt change it from a half to full tank and stay that way. Its just worrysome not having an accurate reading, seems strange with the digital reading also.

The digital gauge and analog seem to work in unisine, so they are both producing the same readings.

5. Member
    The digital gauge on my 2010 fx20 was not accurate what so ever.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

6. Member
    My 2019 works good. Also it aligns perfectly with the read out on the humminbird
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

7. Member
    My 2018 FX 21 fuel gauge is so inaccurate that I just fill up when it shows half a tank because it will stay at half a tank for a few trips and then all of a sudden drop to empty. Happened on my 2016 ZX 200 as well, which caused me to run out of gas on the lake.