Stock Ultrex cable cover.

Anyone come up with a fix for the stock Ultrex cable cover pulling out of the head unit of the motor? I realize I could just cover up the problem with a tamer but was hoping to fix the problem. Thank you.

2. Member
    I just put mine back in and have not had any issues. One thing is I decided to do keep the trolling motor shaft set at its lowest setting. By doing so there is a lot less stress on the cable and chances of it getting pulled out again basically have gone away.

3. Member
    Mine keeps pulling out every trip. I still waiting for someone to post a fix for this.

4. Member
    If your cable is pulling out of the head then the keeper that holds the cable in the head is either missing or broken. See the diagram below.
    Part #12

https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/P...ers%2c_Remotes

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I just put mine back in and have not had any issues. One thing is I decided to do keep the trolling motor shaft set at its lowest setting. By doing so there is a lot less stress on the cable and chances of it getting pulled out again basically have gone away.
    Did you take anything apart to put it back in, or just push it back in there?