New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Friend bought a Hook2 triple shot 7" question??

He just purchased a lowrance 7" Hook2 tripleshot can he use the power cable he has on the boat now which is a Elite7" that he is replacing???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Why downgrade?
    Apart from that, the powercable on the Hook2 has different connector, so it has to be replaced.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I don't know why it bought that unit , maybe price and availability but thank you for your response
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

4. Member
    I have a Hook2 Triple Shot and it is a great unit for the money. The power and transducer cords are smaller and don't think you can use other cords. They are made smaller where you can pull them easier from the back to the unit. I don't like having to pull hard to get them out of the head unit, just don't like pulling on electrical cords.

5. Member
    There are adaptors available for the transducers so you can use the much better transducer from the Elite on the Hook2 and ditch the crap transdcuers Hook2 is bundled with. If the previous Elite was Elite Ti or Ti2, use adapter 000-14069-001. If it was Elite HDI or Elite CHIRP, use adapter 000-14068-001.