99 Ranger 518VS Prop

99 518 w/ jack plate and 200 Optimax - Wondering if anyone out there is running this hull with a Mercury Trophy prop? If so, could you share your set up (pitch prop, prop to pad, etc...)? I'm currently running a 25 Tempest, but it's to much for the boat. It's always struggled getting on plane with full live wells, but I've added a Talon and it's gotten worse (especially during summer time). I do have a 24 Trophy that planes the boat better (and actually handles better as well), but when I run it, I lose a lot of lift and speed (about 8 mph). With the Tempest, I turn 5300 rpm @ 68 mph (alone) and 1/2 tank of fuel. Keeping the motor where it's at on the jack plate, and just putting the Trophy on, I'm lucky to hit 60 mph turning 5500 rpm??? Don't want to give up on the Trophy quite yet because I'm thinking I just don't have the height where it should be. Thanks in advance for any help - Appreciate it.

Don’t have the weight on the back you have but I get below info regularly through the cooler months and drop a couple MPH in the heat. Planes out fine in summer with livewells filled and half tank. Have a bravo 2 XS 25P for summer that needs to get tried maybe next year.. Hope this helps

temp 35*, water and air calm, two people and 50% gas

01 Ranger 518DVX
    01 Mercury 200 Opti
    8 inch jack plate
    Tempest Plus 25 pitch prop 3.25 below pad
    70.4 Gps with 300 RPM's left in the throttle
    25 PSI

Very Pleased.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)