Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triton V176 Magnum sell/ surprised

Have had my 07 model for sale for about 10 days now. Always thought I would have no trouble at all selling it. But to my surprise the interest has been light. I’ve had all different types of inquiries. A few offering “cash money” for much less. One wanted financing. One asked if I had it financed from a certain bank. When I told him I had the titles he just said “ok” and that was it. Another asked if I’d sell just the boat.

I did take a retiree out in it today. Of course everything worked fine. His biggest hangup? He thought it was a fiberglass boat. I guess because it’s white. But he’s still interested.

I posted this because I always thought that magnum line was sought after. I guess not.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Tough time of year though isn't it? I'd hold tight, that is an excellent boat. So I have a friend who lives in North Charleston and a few weeks ago he picked up a new Vexus AVX1880. His previous boat was a 2004 G3 180 with a Yamaha 115 on the back. He sold that boat within a week or two for over $10 k, I thought that was a very strong price.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Tough time of year though isn't it? I'd hold tight, that is an excellent boat. So I have a friend who lives in North Charleston and a few weeks ago he picked up a new Vexus AVX1880. His previous boat was a 2004 G3 180 with a Yamaha 115 on the back. He sold that boat within a week or two for over $10 k, I thought that was a very strong price.
    Yeah thanks. It may spend the winter in the garage. Glad I have another shed for my new boat also. Just never thought my Triton with new carpet and seats wouldn’t have been gobbled up by now.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

I could almost use another boat! Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Judson1 View Post
    Yeah thanks. It may spend the winter in the garage. Glad I have another shed for my new boat also. Just never thought my Triton with new carpet and seats wouldn’t have been gobbled up by now.
    Yeah, I am surprised too. In my opinion, that is one of the best Aluminum bass boats built it must be a timing issue, hang on till you gat a reasonable offer.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    with all the new pad hulls now I'm wondering if that is hurting used magnum sales
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

7. Member
    I'm surprised it hasn't sold too. Great boat. I really enjoyed Tcesni's one. Are you sure you don't need a spare for Canada Tim?

8. Member
    NM
    Last edited by Judson1; 10-22-2020 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Could be considered a sales post.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    I'm surprised it hasn't sold too. Great boat. I really enjoyed Tcesni's one. Are you sure you don't need a spare for Canada Tim?
    You know that I need a boat to keep in Canada so that I don’t have to tow the RT188 back and forth
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

10. Banned
    You know that I need a boat to keep in Canada so that I don’t have to tow the RT188 back and forth
    But if you get that you might not want to run the 188 anymore

11. Member
    Looks clean! I think the push to bigger boats puts the smaller magnums in a tough spot. I shied away from a 186 this summer, as the front deck just felt super short to me.

12. Member
    Do you have an ad here at BBC with Al? I hope you do....he works hard to keep a good forum and one of the ways he supports the expense of keeping the forum up is to sell ads to sellers and commercial advertisers. It might sell here. They do.

If you don't have an ad with BBC...then this is using him and the forum for free. Also, if you don't have an ad on the boats for sale section here, I think you should buy one from Al. Maybe you have one...if so, great. I did a quick look and didn't see it, but it was a very quick scan.

If you don't have one and I was the moderator, I would ask Al about it.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Do you have an ad here at BBC with Al? I hope you do....he works hard to keep a good forum and one of the ways he supports the expense of keeping the forum up is to sell ads to sellers and commercial advertisers. It might sell here. They do.

If you don't have an ad with BBC...then this is using him and the forum for free. Also, if you don't have an ad on the boats for sale section here, I think you should buy one from Al. Maybe you have one...if so, great. I did a quick look and didn't see it, but it was a very quick scan.

If you don't have one and I was the moderator, I would ask Al about it.
    Good info. Thanks. I’ll get in touch with him.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    But if you get that you might not want to run the 188 anymore
    My previous boat was a 176, I like the extra room in the 188, but the 176 would be a substantial upgrade to the MirroCraft/10 hp combo I presently keep in Ontario.

15. Member
    Boat monkey's got you twitching.

16. Member
    It sold. Guy is happy and so am I. Great boat!
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

17. Banned
    Figured it would sell fast

Quote Originally Posted by Judson1 View Post
    It sold. Guy is happy and so am I. Great boat!
    Congratulations! Can you share what it sold for?

19. Member
    Congratulations on the sale.

20. Member
    Congratulations! Can you share what it sold for?
    I had a backup offer for $9500. But I sold it to a local retiree who had taken it out earlier in the week for $9k. I think I could’ve gotten more in the spring. Especially in its condition. But it’s over now.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast