Smith Lake Dam Ramp Dock - Hull Rash Hazard PSA - Exposed Screws

FYI - Anyone fishing Smith out of the Dam - take care if you use the "new" dock with single ramp (running parallel to the Dam) - there are quite a few screws that were used to attach the rubber bump rail to the dock - sticking out, bent over, etc. - in a perfect position to seriously scratch your hull. It looks like when the person put on the rubber rail used standard deck type screws (star drive) the heads were too small and just pulled through the rubber lip - so they drove some in halfway and then just bent them over - making the perfect tool to scratch the side of your boat.

The dock at the twin ramps (facing Dam) - did not seem to have this issue at least where I tied up. I was there over the weekend and this was new to me - as I hadn't been there in a while.

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

2. Member
    Thanks!

3. Member
    Thanks was there Sunday. Didn’t notice but will look this weekend
    2013 Ranger Z118 45th Anniversary
    Mercury 150 Pro XS
    1st double digit largemouth 11.57 lbs with Mark Pack Lake Fork 06/21/13
    BASS Life Member
    Today’s Forecast: 100% chance of winning
    Rest In peace my friend Mark Pack “They don’t start bitin till we get there”

4. Member
    I saw them this past week. Terrible......poor construction on contractor's part and poor inspection on whoever paid for work. Anybody know if this work was paid for by Alabama Power or Maybe Jasper, Al.? I bet work has 1 year warranty and if right people knew they could get contractor repair.

5. Member
    This is Alabama Power's email for taking comments about their lakes and facilities. g2shorelines@southernco.com
    I sent them an email asking them repair screw problem at dock!

6. Member
    5Keepers - Thanks much appreciated for research with AL Power. Hopefully they fix that dock - but I did look last weekend at the docks at twin ramp (facing dam) and they are fine/totally different install.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

7. Member
    Alabama Power has lots of storm damage and is working around the clock on it. I wouldn't think the dock will get any attention soon and that is ok!