Need a new battery charger, what do you recommend?

I currently have a NOCO 4 bank charger, I have 3 Duracell Wet Cell 31s and 1 Duracell 31AGM battery. The NOCO charger is about 8 years old and two of the banks stopped working. I checked them out, checked the fuses and changed the leads to different batteries, all indications are simply that two banks died.

I was looking at a new NOCO Gen4 4 bank charger for around $250 on Amazon. Any regrets with this charger? I also saw DualPro has some new chargers. I would like a PowerPole charging system but they are too expensive when I can get a charger for $500.

anybody have other recommendations or comments? .
    Last edited by STRETCH1; 10-19-2020 at 12:38 PM.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I've had a few different brands......the Dual Pro i have now has been the best and has never gone out like the others.....

IMO, i'd say the Dual Pro.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    if you decide on a DualPro. https://drewcraft.com/product/dualpr...-a-charger=SS4

use code DUALPROFREE35 for free shipping

let me know if you have any questions I sell many brands
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    There is nothing wrong with the dual Pro. The PC charger from MinnKota is also a good charger with a 3yr warranty.
    John

5. Member
    Anybody have experience with the Dual Pro’s New Dynamic Charging System ?

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    if you decide on a DualPro. https://drewcraft.com/product/dualpr...-a-charger=SS4

use code DUALPROFREE35 for free shipping

let me know if you have any questions I sell many brands

6. Member

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I have sold a few to BBC member's, I have not heard anything negative, they seem to be working fine with AGM and Lithium's, you can pick your own profile with the Phone app
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    If I was replacing mine or when I have to, Im going to go with the power pole charger. I think the benefits of it eliminating the jump switch and having basically a full charge all day is worth the extra money. But thats me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    If I was replacing mine or when I have to, Im going to go with the power pole charger. I think the benefits of it eliminating the jump switch and having basically a full charge all day is worth the extra money. But thats me.
    I really like the Power Pole Charge. It is the most expensive so I would like to see everybody’s choices before I buy something.

10. Banned
    If you are planning on staying wetcell, some deals to be had from folks switching out to lithium compatible chargers

11. Member
    I bought the PP Charge and love it. Never have to worry about my TM batteries and never have to worry about an emergency start if the need arises. Pricey... YES. But it does 3 things: Shore charger, on the run charger, and emergency transfer for the starting battery.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

Dual Pro made in the USA!!

https://www.dualpro.com/about-hayden

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Dual Pro made in the USA!!

https://www.dualpro.com/about-hayden
    . Sounds good, does that answer anything?

14. Member
    The NOCO charger is about 8 years old and two of the banks stopped working.
    I was looking at a new NOCO Gen4 4 bank charger for around $250 on Amazon

I have a Dual Pro 1999 2-bank 10amp and a 2004 4-bank 15 amp and a 2018 3-bank 10amp, all still in service and working fine.

Buy once, cry once.

If you feel the price paid to NOCO was a fair price for eight years of use, then give them some more money.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I have a Dual Pro 1999 2-bank 10amp and a 2004 4-bank 15 amp and a 2018 3-bank 10amp, all still in service and working fine.

Buy once, cry once.

If you feel the price paid to NOCO was a fair price for eight years of use, then give them some more money.
    I had a Dual Pro for 18 years. Worked great and was plugged in 24/7 for 18 years. The case crumbled from which I assume was because it was warm for such a long period of time. No doubt they are good. I bought the NOCO because it was totally waterproof as my other boat got water in the charger and it died instantly.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I think when it comes to the power Pole charge people need to remember your buying a on and off water "battery management system". Your not buying a "charger" so you cant compare it or its price to a 500 charger. Is it pricey yes.. is it worth every penny ..IMO (having one on my boat) and the opinion of every customer who has purchased one that ive heard from yes! The technology involved in it is what makes it pricey. Its like saying i can buy a fortrex trolling motor for 1000. And then comparing that motor to a force, ghost or ultrex.

MK 460 PC .

18. Member
    I’m planning on getting the MK 318 PC but they are sold out everywhere. I have the ProMariner/BPS IT charger right now but I don’t think it will charge lithium’s.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    How does the Dual Pro BOS charger compare? Looks like Bass Pro/Cabela's has the 24V charger for just under $300.

20. Member
    I had two different dual pro chargers on my champion and had a bank go out on each, just bad luck on the old chargers. Finally bought a MK330 and it worked fine for years and is still working on a friends boat to this day, that charger is currently over 10 yrs old. When I wanted the possibility of going to a 4 battery setup I purchased the MK PC440 a little over a year ago and have been happy with it other than it doesn't seem to charge as fast as my MK330 did but the batteries are still full charge in the morning so it's all good.

During a day of fishing I just don't run around much on the big motor so I don't think the PP Charge really has any benefit for me, other than the jump function which I can get with a NOCO jump pack, although I did look at it before purchasing the MK PC440
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax