Lowrance Ghost 52”?

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade TM over the winter season. I currently run a MK fortrex 45”.

I was thinking about going with a Ghost 52”. Will I have any mounting issues going from the mentioned MK fortrex 45” to the 52” ghost?

I am interested in the ghost for a few reasons. I currently run a 24v system but will be looking into upgrading my boat in the next few years and like the fact the ghost is a 24/36 so I could swap it to the new boat upon upgrading, I really don’t have room for another battery with my current set up so going to a 36 in the meantime is unlikely.

One of my concerns is however that I currently run Ranger 391v about 19’3” long, will the 52” be an issue with space mounting etc in this regard?

As I mentioned my goal is to get the TM I want now but hope to upgrade boats to a 521 and 36v system within the next few years, and fishing some of the rough big water up north a donprefer the 52” shaft and 36v option.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated guys.

Thanks

2. Member
    Other concerns I forget to mention.

will the pedal fit in my existing comfort troll recessed mount? Also is there a good spot to install a TH troll lock?

thanks

3. Member
    Any thoughts guys?

4. Member
    I have used the Ghost for one year now, and love it. In December I will change out my 47" Ghost for the 52" Ghost since I often fish big water like the Columbia River and need the extra length. The pedal will fit, and yes the 24v/36v feature has many advantages like you are considering, including being able to function on 24v in the event you lose a battery from your 36v system while on a trip or in a tournament. Although I do not use a Troll Lock, several of my friends have added this nicely to their Ghost with no issue. There should be no issue using the same bolt holes you are currently using on your Fortrex. Even at 24volts you will have 96 pounds of thrust and you will be amazed how fast that is on your current boat. Hope this answers your questions.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Ok Great thanks Marc.

Anyone have any idea which Toll Lock model I would need? I have a 96 Ranger 391V.

Minn Kota: Requires 5-8" between deck and trolling motor. Works with most bass boats (Maxxum & Maxxum Pro)
    Motorguide: Requires 5-8" between deck and trolling motor. Works with Tour Series & Freshwater, Gator Mounts 20.8, 21, 21R, 24 & 24R
    Minn Kota Fortrex #1: Requires 5-8" between deck and trolling motor. Works with most bass boats.
    Minn Kota Fortrex #2: Requires 3.5-5" between deck and trolling motor. Will work with Z-520.
    Minn Kota Fortrex #3: Requires 2.75-4.25" between deck and trolling motor. Will work with most Ranger Z Series boats.