Garmin Ultra 126SV.... Thoughts.....

Hey guys.. quick question. I was originally going to go with (2) 93SV UHD’s (bow and console) now, I’ve got a pretty decent deal on a brand new Ultra 126SV w/transducer at $1950.. what are your thoughts of the 126SV? Is it worth basically twice the price of the 93SV UHD?? Also, would you place the 126 at the console or bow? Eyesights not the greatest, lol. Just seeing if I could get some info as I’d like to see about getting this today. Thanks

2. Member
    You cannot go wrong with the bigger screen...where are you finding such a great deal at?

3. Member
    Thanks.. it just happens to be someone who bought it and sold their boat. Has never been out of the box.

4. Member
    I was originally going to purchase a 93SV UHD unit but when it came down to the time to make the decision I ended up going with the 126SV. My original thoughts were that the 126SV has a better resolution, the increased screen size would make seeing the screen from a distance easier and ultimately I did not want to experience buyer's remorse and have to sell the 93SV so that I could purchase the 126SV. After getting the 126SV out on the water I can confirm that I made the right choice as I felt like I didn't need to be 12 inches from the screen to see it, the ClearVu/SideVu images are in much greater detail than on the 93SV UHD (IMO). Overall, I just felt like the Ultra units are more up to date (hardware wise) than the 93SV and should be for the next few years. From everything I have researched on the 93SV UHD it is basically an older 93SV but given the ability to read the UHD transducers info, no mention of a faster processor etc. However, the Ultra units do have a noticeably faster processor in them (did a side by side comparison of 93SV UHD and 126SV at Bass Pro). If your budget supports the purchase of a 126SV I would get it at that price...excellent deal for a brand new unit.

5. Member
    Thank you very much for the info!! I greatly appreciate it.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    At that price, you better jump all over that......

I have both units 93 Plus (first gen) and the 126sv......had the 126 at console and 93 at bow...several months ago, i swapped them around to see how it would fish and its a big difference just due to the size of the screen. I'm hoping this winter i can get another or at least the 10" model to replace the 93 Plus. Never regret getting a bigger screen unit.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 10-19-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Thanks for the info!!

8. Member
    I have a 126sv and like it allot (as well as 2 livescopes and Force). Glad I didn't go the small route although I will be definitely getting a 93sv if they mark them down at Christmas. And for 2k I would be all over that!!!

9. Member
    I have both. The extra pixels and larger screen are worth it on the 126.

10. Member
    Awesome... just pulled the trigger on it.. thanks again for all your guys info and feedback!

11. Member
    I have two 126's and love them.
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury