Transducer overheated error message with GT-54?

I added a GT 54 transducer to my 12 inch Garmin ultra unit-
    I fished yesterday on a 50° day with water temps around 60’ -Anytime I try to access anything other than my live scope I’m getting “transducer overheated error message”......whether I’m trying to look at side view down view etc.
    We were bundled up in jackets as it was a very cold day so I’m not sure how the unit is generating this error message especially with cooler water and it being such a cold day.
    The trolling motor and transducer were in the water not exposed to the sunlight so not sure how this error message is possible-any ideas or is it possible that I was sent a defective transducer by one of the board sponsors?

2. Member
    You reallly know know whether the transducer overheated or the sensor is bad. Sounds like a faulty sensor. Either way contact Garmin customer service for a replacement. 800-800-1020.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Garmin was great I got on the phone with them today they called me back asked for proof of purchase for the GT 54 I sent them a screenshot and I will send them back my faulty transducer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Garmin was great I got on the phone with them today they called me back asked for proof of purchase for the GT 54 I sent them a screenshot and I will send them back my faulty transducer.
    If they offer the 56 up and I had to pay the difference I personally would do that. From the pictures Mr Winchester has posted it definitely looks better.