Question Asking Price vs Selling Price?

When shopping for a new boat what is a reasonable offer on a boat in regard to msrp? If you price a boat on a manufacturer's build it tool and it gives you a price of $55,000 what should you expect to pay? Just looking for a rule of thumb.

2. Banned
    alaot of the big dealers advertise on line with actual prices, Way things are selling these days I wouldnt expect to many dealers to move much

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Not very much, if you can get $1,000 off via rebate that's about as good as you are going to get.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jerrylee View Post
    When shopping for a new boat what is a reasonable offer on a boat in regard to msrp? If you price a boat on a manufacturer's build it tool and it gives you a price of $55,000 what should you expect to pay? Just looking for a rule of thumb.
    What you want to pay. If you feel that whatever it is you are buying it is not worth the asking price, move on down the road. Currently, dealers and some so called investors are selling 2020 C8 Corvettes at 2X the MSRP in hope that some idiot that's got to have it will put that money down. Yet, at Mecum Auction, 2020 C8 loaded in very desirable red red/black interior sold for 68K, NOT 110K.
    In the words of Forrest Gump "stupid is as stupid does"

5. Member
    I agree. Dealers have been selling as fast as they get units in but it seems it is slowing a bit. When the right deal on what I want pops up I will pull the trigger. Some are asking more than manufacturers msrp, I'll wait.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jerrylee View Post
    I agree. Dealers have been selling as fast as they get units in but it seems it is slowing a bit. When the right deal on what I want pops up I will pull the trigger. Some are asking more than manufacturers msrp, I'll wait.
    jerrylee,
    you are absolutely right about waiting for the right deal so that you don't get yourself in a jam. Dealer will be choking on inventories once this BS is over, and by the grace of Christ it will be over soon.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    jerrylee,
    you are absolutely right about waiting for the right deal so that you don't get yourself in a jam. Dealer will be choking on inventories once this BS is over, and by the grace of Christ it will be over soon.
    Totally agree Back at ya.

8. Member
    I got $4k off the price - late season in the showroom - your results might vary.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums