Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I took my favorite Costas to my optometrist and had him put matching prescription lenses in them. Was about $500.00 five years ago. Definitely worth it for me!

2. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintworx View Post
    I am wanting to get some prescription Polarized glasses and I’m looking at Costas. I checked em out on SportRX and by the time I add everything up they are gonna be $700-$800. I stopped at my local optometrist and looked at some WileyX (they don’t sell Costas) and that was what they were in that same price range and I thought that was insane and figure online would be way less expensive.

The ones I’m using now are from Costco and though they are not fishing glasses, they are polarized and were around $250. The problem is that they are not a wraparound style frame so they let a lot of light in so I thought I would look into some true fishing glasses. I just didn’t know they were gonna cost that much. I would rather buy once/cry once if that’s what it takes to get what I need but figured I would see if there are and less expensive options for some top notch glasses for sight fishing next spring.

it also seems like I can not get prescription Costas with glass lenses, which is disappointing. How scratch resistant are the poly lenses? Any input appreciated as far as lenses, coatings....

Dude, you would be nuts to pay such pricess..

Get contact lenses
    NEVER buy an expensive pair of glasses for fishing unless you wear always a saftey strap on them

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I wear the Costa 2.0 C-Mates. I caught mine on sale for 120'sh? 70.00 would be a no brainer if the OP can get away with readers.

This has the link to Steep&Cheap™ Check ever so often.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=Costa+c-mates

These were the cheapest currently on eBay™

https://www.ebay.com/i/362719249180?...iABEgLuP_D_BwE

Good prices if You need shade

https://www.ebay.com/i/362719249180?...iABEgLuP_D_BwE

Whatever you ro just don't skimp when it comes to your eyes.

5. Member
    Get a pair of Cocoons and wear your regular prescription lenses underneath maybe would be the cheaper route.

6. Member
    I have a pair of Costa 1.5 readers and love them. Has then for about 4 years. Got a pair of Tuna Alley 2018 green mirror and bought some of the stick on readers off Amazon. They work pretty damn good but need resetting every few months and replacing about 9-12 months. OP said they only clean theirs wit soap and water. I have a good friend the made lenses for 20+ years. He point blank told me never use anything but 50% alcohol & water with a wipe or spray. Some of the soaps will take the coating off on mirrored glasses.

FWIW, Costa's claim policy sucks now that it is outsourced to another company. My Tuna Alleys rubber had came off one side, tan color wearing off and had a lens crack. They denied warranty because of the cracked lens, not rubber failure.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

7. Member
    I wear RX Oakleys.

Know why they're so expensive?

They're worth it.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    200 Mercury Optimax

8. Member
    My Costa's,Costa can't make my prescription,progressive bifocals,scratch coating(both sides)Digital lenses.$750.So many variables in prescription lenses,That is why the cost differences are so great.I cant walk into lense pluss and get 24 hr. service,or cheap glasses.

9. Member
    Check out the solar bat prescription glasses. Dr Gary Nesty makes Solar bat and he is an optometrist.

10. Member
    I use contact lenses and can have several pair.

11. Member
    Your optometrist can make you perfectly good polarized glasses for way less than "name brands". You can usually pick lens color and any additional coating, mirrored etc.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Steep&Cheap™ they were $68.74 I bought 2 pair and I upped the second pair so I could 'grow into them' and my eyesight devolves where they'll work...
    you mean you got the second pair for when the slant eye happens LOL

13. Member
    I got some great Nike frames from my local opt. shop. I went with bifocals instead of progressives to save money. Polarized.... Frames and prescription lens....$300.00
    glasses.JPG

14. Member
    Thanks for all the great input guys. Like I said. I have some polarized prescription progressives and they are fine. But not as good as the fishing glasses. Especially for spring sight fishing.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    you mean you got the second pair for when the slant eye happens LOL

You mean my 'anti glaucoma' medicine? I need to triple up as I'm en route to Chinamart™ and I have to drive through the local 'Cooter Festival' (not what You think or I'd stop)

16. Member
    I had Maui Jim's before I got lasik and loved them. After my eyes were corrected I sent them back to Maui Jim and had them put in regular lens I liked them so much. I think I paid around $500 for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12