Trim Leaking down when under load with boat on plane

Trim is leaking down slowly when boat is on pad and trim is under pressure. No noticeable leaks any where. This is on 2016 Yamaha SHO 250. This just started happening a few weeks ago. Just looking for some suggestions for what to check. Motor is still under YES Yamaha Extended warranty. Should I just take it to a Yamaha Service Center and let them check this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Member
    Find the torque spec and make sure your release screw is tightened down all the way. I believe they have to be pretty tight.

After that if it is still under warranty I would definitely bring to service center. If you're really against it, it could be a check valve either in the valve body mounted under the pump. It could be leaky piston seals (internal), but I would have a hard time imagining both piston seals to be leaky in a motor new enough to still have warranty. Trim valve bodies are pretty complicated and I would not want to tear into one if I had warranty as an option.

3. Member
    You should have checked that first like your BROTHER told you

test it on your next trip out

4. Member
    HHahahahhahaha!!!!!! Thanks for the advice. Yes, I should have checked that.