Best option for controlling powers poles

Those little wireless buttons you step on just don’t hold up. I don’t even use them much but have been through several. The little metal clip that connects the battery inside breaks. I have rigged them a few times and bought new a couple of times.

Is there a better option that I may not know about? Surely everyone doesn’t have to buy new buttons every year.

Greg

Iv never had an issue. Do you have CM1 or 2? If you have CM1 then they make a batwing shaped foot control.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Iv never had an issue. Do you have CM1 or 2? If you have CM1 then they make a batwing shaped foot control.
    not sure if are reffering to the round button foot switches i wouldnt call them little.. guess thats whats throwing me off..while we have heard of some issues with the foot switches they arent that common compared to the amount in use. I personally have had my set for 5 years no issues havent even changed the batteries yet, (think its about time though). Dont know of anyone that goes thru a set a year. If you having those kind of problems powerpole will take care of you, you wont have to be buying them.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 10-18-2020 at 05:27 PM.

4. Banned
    best option would be a switch that actually works... Its a dang actuator,,,, UPPPPPP, DOWNN,,, my Dad has a 40Yyo garage door opener,,, works wonders.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    best option would be a switch that actually works... Its a dang actuator,,,, UPPPPPP, DOWNN,,, my Dad has a 40Yyo garage door opener,,, works wonders.
    They do work.. work as they should for 99 percent of owners, and if they dont there replaced free.

6. Banned
    Was thinking about some other discussions. Some of this leaves me wondering why ? I mean I am all for tech when it makes things better. But not tech for the sake of tech. I can see advanced trolling motors needing to transmit different and more data between it and controllers, but shallow water anchors are pretty simple in what they actually do, and yet,,bluetooth ? downloading apps to a smart phone, updating software when folks have pairing problems.
    Basic hand held TV, and garage remotes have been working for decades using much more basic and reliable technology,, IR or radio I assume. Think some of this stuff is getting way more fancy than it needs to be and sacrificing reliability.
    I guess thats what it is though. Only a couple to chose from and thats how they are making things these days. Either deal with it or dont have it I guess.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    Was thinking about some other discussions. Some of this leaves me wondering why ? I mean I am all for tech when it makes things better. But not tech for the sake of tech. I can see advanced trolling motors needing to transmit different and more data between it and controllers, but shallow water anchors are pretty simple in what they actually do, and yet,,bluetooth ? downloading apps to a smart phone, updating software when folks have pairing problems.
    Basic hand held TV, and garage remotes have been working for decades using much more basic and reliable technology,, IR or radio I assume. Think some of this stuff is getting way more fancy than it needs to be and sacrificing reliability.
    I guess thats what it is though. Only a couple to chose from and thats how they are making things these days. Either deal with it or dont have it I guess.
    powerpoles foot button and remotes are not bluetooth just so your aware they are RF.. the bluetooth controls are only to the graphs and phone app. Problem is people want the technology, if you sold a hardwired powerpole that you had to run wires to every switch, you would have very few buyers, same as people do not want to shop at a store they wanna sit home and order off Amazon then throw a fit when it isnt delivered in 1 day. we have become dependent on technology, with that is always some problems for the most part you never hear about people saying everything works great you on;ly hear about the issues and they are very few for the amount that are out there that goes for almost everything just not powerpoles.

8. Member
    I think someone knows little about powerpoles.

9. Member
    The buttons... little or not ... one stopped working about a month after the install. I thought it was the battery so when I went to replace it I found the weld or solder ... whatever is used to hold and connect the battery was broken loose. Power pole sent me a new one with no questions asked. About a year later the other button did the same thing. Since it had been well over a year I didn’t call power pole. I just bought a new set. About a year and a half later the exact same thing happened again... I really don’t use them that much. I put a small piece of plastic in there to help the battery make contact and that worked for a while. Problem is back again... just looking for a better option. Asking power pole to replace something over three years old isn’t fair to them.

Greg

10. Member
    I just use the little fob. Easy Peasy.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    The buttons... little or not ... one stopped working about a month after the install. I thought it was the battery so when I went to replace it I found the weld or solder ... whatever is used to hold and connect the battery was broken loose. Power pole sent me a new one with no questions asked. About a year later the other button did the same thing. Since it had been well over a year I didn’t call power pole. I just bought a new set. About a year and a half later the exact same thing happened again... I really don’t use them that much. I put a small piece of plastic in there to help the battery make contact and that worked for a while. Problem is back again... just looking for a better option. Asking power pole to replace something over three years old isn’t fair to them.

Greg
    for foot control no other option. As i said rarely see someone with that many issues with foot controls, especially out of the same customer. Fair or not speak with Power Pole they bend over backwards to make a customer happy.

12. Member
    They must monitor this board. PP CS reached out to me.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    They must monitor this board. PP CS reached out to me.
    They do, they are on here often. just another way they take care of there customers

I have not heard of the switches not working or lasting? Have had them on many boats. I welcome wireless technology.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I have not heard of the switches not working or lasting? Have had them on many boats. I welcome wireless technology.
    we have had of about 3 sets of our customers go bad in about 6 years. would say that might add up to about .10 of 1 percent. Powerpole made good no questions asked on every set I know one was 3 years old... like anything with a circuit board it happens.. but such a small percentage compared to whats out there. I have never heard of anyone going thru them like the OP however, but seems like Power Pole reached out thru here and made it right.