Where to mount transducer?

I'm mounting dual transducers on my boat, with a Y cable back to the head unit.

One transducer is shoot-thru-hull (epoxied in bilge) for fast speeds and the other is a transom mounted skimmer with 2D, Down View & Side View for slow speeds.

Where should I mount the skimmer transducer on the transom? See attached photos:
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Ranger, the main idea is to mount that transducer where you get a good clean
    shot for the signal left and right for the side imaging. Your big motor, the boat,
    a jack plate can all interfere with the signal. Go to the board page for the type of
    unit you bought. There will be lots of info there, and all kinds of folks that will help you.
    List your full unit name and boat and let the installation begin!

3. Member
    I don’t like any of the sites you’ve shown,drilling holes in the transom is not a good idea. If you have a jackplate,get a bracket that mounts to the plate.If not,get a plate that glues to the transom and mount the ducer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I don’t like any of the sites you’ve shown,drilling holes in the transom is not a good idea. If you have a jackplate,get a bracket that mounts to the plate.If not,get a plate that glues to the transom and mount the ducer to that.
    No jackplate on my Fish & Ski.

I plan on installing a sternmate or sternsaver on the transom.

5. Member
    Are you wanting the ducer to read at planing speed? If so,only position #1 will work.If you want SI and DI at idle then #3 is probably the best location,provided there is nothing on either side to block the signal.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Are you wanting the ducer to read at planing speed? If so,only position #1 will work.If you want SI and DI at idle then #3 is probably the best location,provided there is nothing on either side to block the signal.
    With having a thru hull for while on pad I'd use number 3 for the SI/DI. if you have it below the boat it can put extra stress on the bracket and break it off. I had mine like 1/8" below and had issues with my mount several times.