Lid flex question

Went to check out a 2107 921PHX yesterday and noticed the large center locker lid had some flex in it when I walked on it. I’m not a small guy (265) but just hadn’t felt that on a boat before. The rod locker also didn’t seem super solid. Is this a common feedback or could it just be this particular boat?

2. Member
    in my case its normal I am 310lb... fished from a 721 pro for years and now a 2020 921 pro and there is a tad of flex on my lids...I have never walked across a 921 phx lid though... if you like the boat raise the lid and double check it and look for damage.... when I sold my 721 the lids where just fine and I walked and stood on ever lid in that boat even the lid between driver and passenger seats....

3. Member
    The lids on my 21 PHX flexed...I figured they were supposed to do that, as they did it from day 1 and I’m only 180.
    I was recently watching a YouTube of Gerald Swindle fishing from his Phoenix, and the front/middle lid flexed noticeably when he stepped on it. So maybe the flex is “by design”?
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

4. Member
    surprising with XP models because the lid sizes are smaller. I definitely inspected for damage and it looked fine underneath and hinges were solid. I prefer the PHX/Elite layout but this may be something that irks me

Quote Originally Posted by wall View Post
    in my case its normal I am 310lb... fished from a 721 pro for years and now a 2020 921 pro and there is a tad of flex on my lids...I have never walked across a 921 phx lid though... if you like the boat raise the lid and double check it and look for damage.... when I sold my 721 the lids where just fine and I walked and stood on ever lid in that boat even the lid between driver and passenger seats....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    The lids on my 21 PHX flexed...I figured they were supposed to do that, as they did it from day 1 and I’m only 180.
    I was recently watching a YouTube of Gerald Swindle fishing from his Phoenix, and the front/middle lid flexed noticeably when he stepped on it. So maybe the flex is “by design”?
    There is a support under the lid but with how long that span is on the lid there is going to be flex. They may need to look at adding 2 supports or using a thicker material for that center lid. IMO

6. Member
    i agree as I’ve been in plenty of boats with large center storage and I’ve never seen/felt anything like it

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    There is a support under the lid but with how long that span is on the lid there is going to be flex. They may need to look at adding 2 supports or using a thicker material for that center lid. IMO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofakingbigbass View Post
    i agree as I’ve been in plenty of boats with large center storage and I’ve never seen/felt anything like it
    They might use a thicker or different materials, not saying every lid or boat is the same