Thread: Warranty help

Warranty help

When I purchased my boat new in 2019, I went with the gold package warranty on my mercury 250 pro xs 4 stroke. I’m in a position now where I need to sell it. A potential buyer wants something with the platinum coverage. Can either me or him upgrade the coverage to platinum? Or is it stuck with the gold package originally bought? Serial no 2B599180

2. Member
    I believe as long as you are still in the original 36 month warranty period you can still upgrade to the platinum.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    After the sale the first thing he needs to do is go online and print off the mercury warranty transfer sheet. He fills it out and submits his fee (fees are higher with bigger motors, but still reasonable) with it. He can upgrade it. He can also purchase an extended service contract either gold or platinum after he confirms mercury has his name on it.
    Don here has helped others with aquiring the ESP.
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Kyle- drop me an email and I'll be glad to assist you with the upgrade/purchase of Platinum coverage at special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    ^^ Class act.

6. ourflat
    Nice!

7. Member
    Do you get anything back from Mercury protection plan after payment is made ? ( card or certificate )

Thanks
    2021 Ranger Z520
    Merc 250 Pro XS

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mercury no longer sends out cards, as ALL dealers are on the electronic Dealer System and can access coverage records.

When I process and email contracts for a customer- I make sure to include a printout of the new coverage periods from Mercury's System (it's actually the Maintenance Log Screen).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor