Relocating smartcraft

When I picked up my 721 the smartcraft guage is on a silver piece infront of the gear shifter and I would like to put it on the dual shroud like I see most of them. Has anyone moved it and if so I wonder how hard it would be? Is it possible that I can do it myslef?
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

2. Member
    Should be easy to do, as long as you are comfortable cutting the hole. You should be able to get the panel that your gauge is mounted in now from your dealer or direct from Tim at the factory.

I'm hoping that this does not happen to me. My new 721 is due in 3 weeks and was told that the smartcraft would be on the dash with the dual shroud.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

3. Member
    Happened to me as well. They installed the smart gauge on that silver cover by the shifter. I don't think my PHX has room for it on the dash though and I don't have the dual shroud, I have the BBT dual mount. :/
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

4. Member
    Well I was hoping someone had already done the move but I guess I will investigate it and let u guys know I'm just curious if I have to make the wiring longer if I have to cut or unplug anything If that would be a problem...I'm guessing not since it would be just like not having any power when the key is off but if anyone knows any different let me know...thanks guys
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke