Thread: Wylie, TX

Wylie, TX

Hey guys, looking to relocate to TX from VA. Any input or thoughts about the Wylie area? Been looking in Rockwall/Heath to stay closer to east Texas fishing, but found a good house that will hold the boat in the garage and a little closer to airport when travel starts again. Thanks for any input!

2. Member
    I can't think of a more convenient location than Wylie to suit your objective.

You'd be very close to George Bush turnpike which, although it can be a nightmare during rush hour, is one of the least congested routes into DFW. If traveling to east Texas, head east and you can quickly connect with I 30 on the eastern edge of Dallas, avoiding the dreadful traffic of 635.

Wylie is a nice town as far as metropolitan areas are concerned and offers an abundance of retail and dining amenities. You would also be very close to a couple of good lakes that don't get the attention that a lot of other north Texas lakes receive .

If I were moving here under the same circumstances as you, I'd look at McKinney and Wylie in that order, but that's just preference. Either one is nice. Good luck!

3. Bobby8
    Wylie is nice, my sister lives there. Seems like a good area to live. McKinney as stated above is very nice as well. I lived and worked up there for a short period of time. I took a class in Chesterfield. Any of the towns in or close to the metroplex are going to be a whole lot
    busier than Chesterfield.

4. Member
    I live in Sachse which is right next to Wylie. I love the area and my kids love the Wylie school district. Also, you'll be right next to Lake Lavon which we have been fishing on for several years and pulling a lot of fish out of.

5. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC, gstephens75

6. Member
    I currently live in Rockwall city limits and we really like it here . I have heard the schools are excellent . On the maybe downside Rockwall is run like a big HOA . The plus side is the HOA mentality keeps the city looking really nice . The down side is anything you want to build or change has to go through the city for approval . From what I understand the HOA mentality is being adopted by many of the city's in the area so be sure and consider that before you decide to be in city limits or out of city limits . The HOA mentality kind of gave us a headache for building a metal shop . Luckily we were approved to build it without the brick wall requirements . It took about 9 months to get the approval and jump through all the hoops .
    Last edited by DarrellSimpson; 10-21-2020 at 01:52 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated, the search is on!

Good area. Look at Fate as well. Love that area.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson View Post
    I currently live in Rockwall city limits and we really like it here . I have heard the schools are excellent . On the maybe downside Rockwall is run like a big HOA . The plus side is the HOA mentality keeps the city looking really nice . The down side is anything you want to build or change has to go through the city for approval . From what I understand the HOA mentality is being adopted by many of the city's in the area so be sure and consider that before you decide to be in city limits or out of city limits . The HOA mentality kind of gave us a headache for building a metal shop . Luckily we were approved to build it without the brick wall requirements . It took about 9 months to get the approval and jump through all the hoops .

As of September 2019 a municapility cannot tell you what materials to use if they meet national standards and code. They cannot dictate no metal buildings in city limits.

10. Member
    Hey guys, ended up getting a place outside of McKinney, close to Melissa. Garage big enough for the boat and a few ponds around. If all goes through, the packing will begin! Thanks for the input

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtbuck View Post
    Hey guys, ended up getting a place outside of McKinney, close to Melissa. Garage big enough for the boat and a few ponds around. If all goes through, the packing will begin! Thanks for the input
    We'll practically be neighbors