2013 Pro XS 250 Questions

Hello looking at a used 2013 boat with pro XS 250 serial 1251P73KP.....1B965204.. It shows only 50 hours but it sure looks to have more. If ecm or power head was changed would somebody have changed the hours? How much slack is normal in the upper motor mount? It moves back and forth quite a bit to me when I shake the motor. Also any ideal why somebody would have duck tape on some of the water holes on front of nose cone?

Thanks

Some folks use duct tape over the front intakes when running on muffs. As far as the mount, how far is "quite a bit" and are you sure it's in the mount and not in the steering?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Thanks for the reply Bryan the tape makes sense now...I should have thought of that...LoL. The mount is close to 1/2 to 3/4 inch forward and back. Trimmed down grabbing cavitation plate and picking up. Not side to side slop in steering.

4. Member
    Top mounts are broke question is how long has it been like it. The hrs are in the ecm unless it was changed it is correct.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You have a PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank You

7. Member
    I hate when you go into executive meeting mode(pm) and never hear the outcome

No outcome to share yet still thinking and sizing up options. I know from my original inspection the motor worries me some and that on top of a few other things is making it hard for me to go with this boat no matter how good the deal is.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Without getting into details- sometimes things aren't quite what they seem.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor