Thread: Lake June

GTB

Lake June

Does anybody have any information about Lake June and what’s going on there as far as fishing goes?I haven’t been there in almost 10 years just wondering if everything is offshore. Appreciate any tips. Thanks in advance you can always p.m. me

2. Member
    I grew up fishing that lake. I caught a 13 lber there and my dad let me keep it to mount. A couple weeks later I caught a 13.25 and he made me let it go! That was in the late 80's. It is not the lake it used to be. I still live local and very rarely ever fish it. The FWC released "sterile" carp in there and they have eaten EVERY stitch of grass. Some guys still catch some nice fish out there, but they are all on off shore structure, and I don't really care to fish solely offshore.

3. GTB
    Pretty much the same story with me except for the 13 pounder‘s! Are used to have a lot of success on that lake and loved fishing yet but yes they have decimated it. If you get any local new information you can always p.m. me. Thank you I appreciate the effort.

4. Member
    I go down for the winter (yes I am one of those damn snowbirds) and it has been horrible unless you fish off shore. I have switched over to Lake Placid.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

Brush piles......

6. Member
    Is June more of a ski/jet ski lake? If you do an arial view it appears every house has a boat lift which means a lot of boat traffic. As blade states it would mean a lot of off shore brush pile fishing. Thought about looking at a canal front house but not so sure..

7. Member
    We go every year when I come to visit parents in Avon Park. Yes it’s offshore Brush piles, but there are huge bass in it. I’m an offshore guy, so I really like the lake.