Older Minn Kota All Terrain Steering Issues

I've got a little bit older minn kota all terrain on my tin boat. It has been working great, no issues whatsoever. All the sudden the other day out on the water my steering went to only 50% of the range of motion. I don't think i hit anything, or did anything. I looked under the foot pedal and don't see anything binding or slipped off. I took the cover off the head and the gears and cables seem fine. I tried turning it manually and I can't see anything binding up or damaged. What's my next step? Do the cables need some sort of lube? Do they need replacing? Do toss it and get something new?

2. Member
    I tried loosening and tightening the tension screw on the bottom of the foot pedal. It turns just short of 180 degrees, then it almost feels like it hits a hard stop.

3. Member
    You probably have an issue with the screw that holds the pinion screw to the shaft. One of them probably backed out and fell between the outer shaft and the main shaft. If unsure what to do bring to an ASC.

4. Member
    You either have a bent upper shaft causing it to bind, or a screw that holds the pinion to the shaft as indicated by Brad. When you say older All Terrain, does it have a top head on it like the newer MinnKotas, or is the top more square using a chain to turn the motor. Most of this type was a Mag series.