Is it possible to Operate Mega 360 + follow contour or navigate route ?

I know you can split screen Mega 360 with 2D sonar or down imaging with a 10" Helix unit linked to a properly equipped Ultrex TM.
    Can Mega 360 be used at the same time with the Chart functions "Follow contour " or "Navigate (saved) route " ?

Seems like I read /heard somewhere that there was not enough memory to run these features at the same time but I can't find it anywhere now ?

2. Member
    While I know nothing of the Mega 360.(and your question is a couple days old) I would be surprised if that situation is any different than doing ipilot navigation while using SI. To have 360 and chart onscreen at the same time might make your 360 small though. Should work is my guess. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    I have had the boat out 5 or 6 times since I got the Ultrex / Helix /Mega 360 upgrade . I've downloaded manuals from the HB website and read thru them and made up notes and cheat sheets to bring on the water . This gear has so many options ,modes , and things it can do that learning it all and trying to fish at the same time is a pretty daunting task . I think part of the problem is each product manual is really detailed for how that particular piece of equipment works but not very informative about explaining using the Ultrex, Helix , and Mega 360 together . I'm sure with more time on the water I will figure everything out but just trying to shorten the learning curve a little .

4. Member
    kls2020 you are experiencing exactly what I went through when I first got a Helix 12si. I thought you just plugged it in and caught fish. After a very frustrating 6 months I spent time on the water working with my electronics, understanding the screens and color options, contrast etc. Once I did that and was comfortable with the screens and settings I had time to fish. I am in the process of doing a total electronics upgrade to G4N with Link and M360 so I anticipate a learning curve. Hopefully not as steep as my first experience..

I look forward to following your posts as you figure this stuff out. It will save us all a lot of time.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

5. Member
    Kls, while this only talks about Helix and ipilot link I found this manual useful: https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...link-helix.pdf

I'd bet FTContour doesn't require that you have the chart onscreen. Should be able to do FTContour with 360 full screen once you have FTContour running.
    I don't have 360 but run contours often and switching screens doesn't affect that functionality.

7. Member
    It depends what information is important to what you are doing. I use SI to look for stuff while casting or trolling. If I had 360 I would imagine I would be doing the same till I found something interesting. If FTC takes you close to potential problems or special spots you want to be extra alert having it on screen is important even if you don't need it to be on for 360. At least it is to me. Maybe it is just me, but I like to know what is coming up.

8. Member
    I'll be going out to the lake this week and plan on trying ipilot link features while running Mega 360 at the same time to see how it works . If follow the contour works while running Mega 360 that would be awesome . Thanks everyone for the info ....

9. Member
    Yes. You can use follow contour or nav. You just set up the follow contour, then switch to the 360 view. If you want to keep the map up you can split the screen 80/20 so you have mostly 360. Another way is if your whole boat is networked, then just set the nav up from the console unit.

10. Member
    Your waypoints will show on the 360, so you will Be able to
    see that something is coming up before you get on top of it while trolling at a fishing pace.