Transducer extension cable

May sound stupid ,but I just received the transducer extension cable. My question is, how to make the connection? Is there something I need to remove from my existing cable? There is a kind of sleeve that is keeping the pins from seating. I don't like it when a product doesn't come with instructions. Plus I don't want to ruin my connector. All of the places I called are closed. I tried HB's site, Nada! YouTube same thing nothing really available. If you can help I would be grateful. Thank you.

A transducer extension cable has a male plug on one end and a female plug on the other end. The transducer plug goes into the female plug, then the male plug attaches to the display.

If you have the 7-pin cable for a Helix:

LOOK inside the female plug, there should be two tabs that LOCK into the two square holes in the transducer plug. You have to use some effort to force the plugs together so they LOCK together.

The plugs are similar to the ones on a 9 M SIDB Y cable:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you,Wayne.I will check that out.

4. Member
    I finally connected. Had to give it a good push. "Stumbling though life tripping over the simple things" Thanks again.