Electrical issue rt188

I lost power to both front and rear depth finders, nav lights, horn, interior light,bilge etc. 2018 RT188. Just out of the blue. I've checked all fuses. I AM seeing a voltage pulse thru my cig lighter adapter and the accessories switch when turned to on position..?? Any help appreciated

2. Member
    There is a wiring connection not sure of the exact location maybe behind the fuse box. Some people we losing power or had intermittent power found the big red wire had a loose connection you may find a post on it. I am not sure if that’s your problem but it could be a possibility.

3. Member
    The first thing to check is your breaker under the rear hatch. There are two 50A breakers, one on each side. One is for the trolling motor and the other feeds everything else.

Check the bus bar behind the fuses by the shifter. While you're at it pop the trolling motor pan out and make sure that bus bar is still tight.

You can be getting VOLTAGE, but no AMPS. I would start at the wire ring terminals at the battery, both positive and negative ring terminals. Use a wire brush on the rings. Then check the main 50 amp breaker. Turn that on and off a couple of times. Then I would investigate the connections as stated above.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I would suggest that anybody with a RT check that connection by the gear shifter. You have to pull the black cover off - two screws I think - and remove that out of the way to get to it. I think it is right in front of the shifter on the sidewall. I am fishing from my white boat right now, not the RT, or I would look. I did a picture of it and posted here once long ago I think. I bet this is your culprit as N2ratfishing suggested. I have heard of several not tight.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

6. Member
    I had the same issue, it was the connection mentioned above.
    2018 Ranger RT188 Custom Jet
    150/105 Evinrude ETEC Jet

7. Member
    I wrote the post that found the problem a couple of years ago. I found it on my first rt series boat when running wire to the front of the boat. The loose connection is behind the fuse box where the fuse box is connected to the 6ga. pos. battery wire. pull fuse box out about 1 foot and you will see the connection !

screen shot windows 7
    Couple of photos I took with my phone and posted back in 2018. I would suggest that anybody with this setup check this connection.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

9. Member
    Checked mine after that post a while back, was not tight. Thanks guys.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

10. Member
    I had the same issue with my RT178. Thanks to the posting I found here, I was able to fix it myself. Saved me a lot of $$. Thanks!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I also had that issue a couple of years after I bought my boat. Apparently the same apprentice wired everyone's boat and he or she is still an apprentice or cutting grass somewhere.