Prop vents-Tempest

For guys running the Tempest prop on their Yamahas...
    I’m running a 24 Tempest in my carbed 150 Vmax. It has the PVS system so I’m just wondering
    which plugs most guys are using. It’s on an Xpress aluminum so getting out of the hole or up on plane
    isn’t an issue like it might be on heavy boats. I have the half circles in it now because it came that way
    but I’m thinking on a 2 stroke/aluminum boat I should just take them out all together? If I ever run with 3 guys or really heavy load maybe put plugs back in? Is that how this works? Thanks for suggestions

2. Member
    The plugs only effect hole shot. Once on plane they have no effect on performance. If your hole shot is good and it’s not blowing out I’d leave it alone.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FD209 View Post
    The plugs only effect hole shot. Once on plane they have no effect on performance. If your hole shot is good and it’s not blowing out I’d leave it alone.

4. Member
    I put 3 solid plugs in my Tempest+ 23p and drilled them out to fine-tune the holeshot RPM. Worked great with no unintended consequences.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

5. Member
    You want the least amount of plugs that you can get by with and not blow out when planing out.

I have a 23 pitch tempest and all my holes are plugged. I have a heavy little boat and it jumps up on plane. The vmax carbed motors are full of torque.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!