2008 Mercury 200 Optimax compression?

Looking at a used boat. Are these compression numbers normal for a 2008 Mercury 200 Optimax? Owner provided paperwork from a marine shop that provided these compression numbers.
    95, 95, 85,95, 85, 80. What ya think?

2. Member
    It depends on how they were taken and even then they are borderline. Fifteen psi spread is pushing it. Need to make sure the readings were taken correctly. There is a sticky note above this page on how to do it correctly. Personally I’d be walking if these numbers are correct.

3. Member
    He said test was done after boat had been in storage for a while. Would this affect the readings?

4. Member
    If it wasn't properly warmed up first it would likely cause lower readings. If it was properly warmed up, I wouldn't think being ni storage previously would affect it much if at all.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

The provided readings are outside of the acceptable readings for this engine. I would not recommend purchasing it based on those readings.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor