First time fishing in the 13 P4 today.

I have a lot to learn. But I enjoyed it. A few questions since I bought it from a individual dealer so he didn’t necessarily know much more than I did.
    The livewells filled on their own. But overall seemed like the water level was shallower than it should be. What is the switch right below the master that says “auto/empty”?
    Well there were three of us on the boat. And my uncle was sitting on the front deck. But the motor seemed to shoot too high of a rooster tail. Most setups I have read about
    on this boat say the jackplate is flush with itself. Correct?
    This one looks at least an inch higher. Maybe more. 25 Tempest. Highest I ran was maybe 50 mph and water PSI was 15.
    I hope to get some solo time in it soon to see what it does.
    Motor ran well and we had a good day. The electronics will
    take me a while to learn.
    The trailer is still my problem. Had a broken weld I had to repair and still no brakes after bleeding twice. I’ll call BCB tomorrow to talk to them about the grade 8 bolt upgrade to the torsion axles where they connect with those splines. The back port side is way too loose even though i torqued it to specifications. Looks like it’s not all
    the way on.
    Anyways happy to be a part of the BCB group now.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

2. Member
    I can help with the engine height some. Yes, the jackplate should be set close to level or a tad higher, but you shooting a high rooster tail in a BassCat tells me you are trimming too much. My PII does not like much trim at all. My rooster tail tops out at the height of the top on the engine cowling...tops. One question, what mounting hole is your motor mounted on? Also what RPMs are you turning at full throttle?

Oh and for the livewell set the dial to auto when you fill it. At the ramp to empty it you can use the pump out or turn the dial to empty and it will dump out.
    Brad Krone

A P4 hull is all its own and shares little similarity to other models. Watch engine heights as most have their engine too high, and trim as mentioned.

The livewell valve either needs the cable tightened Or a replacement.

4. Banned
    Livewell... was the switch in "Empty" ? In "Auto" the livewell will fill on itself when you are not moving fast in the water. The more you have in the boat the higher the water level in the tank.
    The PIV is a stable and smooth riding craft. That being said I much prefer the ability to jump out of the hole, stay on top of waves, and turn quickly than drive really fast. So the propeller that I ended up with is the 4 blade T-1 propeller for the Yamaha SHO. Not all propellers act the same, and you have to match your requirements with the propeller style shape thickness and design. That being said if you play with the motor hight, you'll find a compromising sweet spot that will get you up and going.
    Enjoy the boat, I am greatly appreciative for the ability to have mine.