Looking at a 2012 alpha 211

Looking at a used alpha 211 2012. Anything’s to be concerned about other than typical used boat stuff?
    2016 stratos 201 evolution, 250ho evinrude etec g2, 112 ultrex, tracker 80ah lithium’s, 8’ pp blades, atlas hydraulic jackplate, nightfishon rub rails, lowrance carbon 16 console, lowrance carbon 9, humminbird helix 9 G4’s mega+ di with mega 360,and garmin 1222 with livescope bow.

2. Member
    I’ve got a 2011, 211. As long as it was taken care of and the motor checks out and the pumps and all work, buy it and you’ll be glad you did. Looks like you’re in a Z7, I came out of a Nitro 591 ( the predecessor to the Z7) and can tell you that the ride and finish of a Legend is WAY above that. The only thing I’ve had to get used to is the more narrow deck... Otherwise it’s the best boat I’ve owned, by far!
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

I have a 2014 Alpha 211R check it out under boats for sale. I will give you a great deal on. There's a V21 i like to buy, but i have to sell mine first.

4. Member
    The one thing I don’t like about legends is how stuffed the battery compartment is. Not easy to get to anything
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

5. Member
    I have a 2013 Alpha 211 DC and have had no problems with anything, keep up with maintenance, the batteries for the trolling motor are a little tricky to get out, other than that, I would look at it.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

6. Member
    I'm in a 2012 211 and coming from the Nitro you won't be disappointed.. I had an 882 previous to the Legend and I had redone everything in the Nitro carpet, seats, all new wiring, updated graphs, hotrod motor stuff etc...
    The Legend is better in every way except for maybe speed my little Nitro would run 70mph with the 150 on it (granted it would scare my passengers) my Legend will only run about 71 but like a Cadillac
    Rough water is not as much of a factor in whether or not im going fishing anymore used to be if there was 10-15mph wind i would try to go to smaller lakes to avoid rough water or just stay in and the Nitro would still beat you up now I look at 20 mph winds and aside from making the fishing more difficult im not too worried about the boat running across the lake
    You sit down in the cockpit area a lot more than the Nitro so it feels way more comfortable
    The wind doesn't blow the boat around as much just being bigger and heavier
    I'm extremely happy with mine aside from being an idiot and wanting everything to go faster I don't think the legend will ever be a "fast boat" unless you just over power the crap out of like the nizpro kit on the yammy motor lol
    But it has always made it anywhere I needed it to go

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
    I don't think the legend will ever be a "fast boat" unless you just over power the crap out of like the nizpro kit on the yammy motor lol
    Can you over power one?? Lol Mine has an Unlimited HP rating!!! I’ll agree with b00stin 100% about everything he said!
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraigrrt View Post
    Can you over power one?? Lol Mine has an Unlimited HP rating!!! I’ll agree with b00stin 100% about everything he said!
    Not in my opinion lol
    I was just referring to needs more than the standard 250 or 300 that most people run
    There is a guy on the FB page with a V20 Yamaha Sho and Nizpro supercharger that makes 450HP and it will run 86mph
    that is just a lot of motor for only 86 mph especially considering other options out there like the 21ft Ballistic running 109mph with a 400 on it
    as much as I would love to have a Ballistic or even a Stroker I dont think I would get rid of the Legend for it..
    it would have to be a second boat which I cannot afford currently lol

211s are about the fastest model and no HP limit so - not rocket ships, but you can go 60s pretty comfortably where a lot of other boats will be feeling the pain... take that for what its worth. I think there was a year (correct me if i'm wrong 2016 ish? don't quote me) where some of the 211s had a hook in the ass end of the hull that caused some issues. I think most of those boats were fixed if the issue was known.
    i have a 199 and a 211 is about the only boat i would consider upgrading to.

10. Member
    I have a 2017 alpha 211 and about 300 hours.
    No problems !!!
    Th Alpha eats rough water!!!!

11. Member
    I just got a new to me 2011 Alpha 211DCX and I cant complain about it one bit. 72-74 top end on good water with no chine. Rides like a luxury car and will stand toe to toe to any boat on the market in big water. Just returned from St Clair a couple weeks ago and fished Saturday in 20-25 winds. Took water over the front once only because a yacht barged us from about 300' away. Running a Mercury 250 Pro XS Opti with a Fury prop. Boat jumps on pad even with a full tank of fuel and live wells full, too. Seats are great for the rough water so your body doesnt take a beating.

The desk space is easy to fish two guys with a full collection of rods out. Plenty of storage space. Im running a 112lb Ultrex which is hands down a game changer. Trailer is rhino lined from the factory and has electric power brakes which makes towing a breeze. I've always been a big Skeeter fan and I would run this boat up against a Skeeter any day. If the boat has been well maintained, I promise, you wont regret the purchase.