Lower Unit Rebuild

I’ve been looking for a torque master lower for a while. I currently have a 1.62 sport master with a 2012 250 ProXs on my Bullet 21XD. I forgot that I had a lower that The shaft sheared on. Can you all help me identify what lower this is. I was told that it is a fleet master with a low water pickup and torque tab added. If this is the case I’m thinking I’ll just rebuild this one and use it. It had a 1.25” shaft in it which is what makes me think that it may indeed be a fleet master. Would there be any advantage to going to a torquemaster over rebuilding this lower? Thanks in advance.

This is not the original lower that came on the motor.
    SN# 1B934323
    model # 1251P73ED
    13” of setback
    Last edited by hlewis12; 10-15-2020 at 05:23 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The case shown above is a modified gearcase, so that's about all we will be able to accurately tell you about it.

If it were me... I'd go with the Verado-Style gearcase, 1.75 Ratio, OR a Gen-1 Torquemaster 1.75 Ratio.

1.62 is pretty steep for that engine/boat combo, and the Sporty is simply a no-go.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor