Thread: Solix Issues

Unhappy Solix Issues

So I go to give my first Solix software update, but then realized the boat battery was only 5.3 VDC...Then took my extra Solix Power Cable to boot it up on my AC/DC inverter, which puts out perfect 13.5 VDC...and it won't boot...only the lights around the key pads come on and stay...no boot...killing me...I can only think that trying to boot it up on that low battery hurt it...?

Care to share them?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Member
    That looks serious.

I can see what is posted on my cell phone.
    My answer is do NOT try to update the unit unless you have at least 12V.
    A 5.3V boat battery is NOT it and it is ruined. Get a new battery and fully charge it.

Your 13.5 DC "power supply" probably doesn't have the amp capacity to run the unit.

Just because the backlighting on the buttons is visible, doesn't not mean the unit will run.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

It's hidden text, same color as background.

So I go to give my first Solix software update, but then realized the boat battery was only 5.3 VDC...Then took my extra Solix Power Cable to boot it up on my AC/DC inverter, which puts out perfect 13.5 VDC...and it won't boot...only the lights around the key pads come on and stay...no boot...killing me...I can only think that trying to boot it up on that low battery hurt it...?

6. Member
    Power adaptor sent to me by HB for solix test, 12 V dc - 5 amp.