2021 Nitro Z21 front seat pedestal

I just picked up my brand new 2021 Z21 and the piston seat pedestal (made by Springfield) will not screw into the base on either hole in the front deck. It appears to be almost an inch too short to reach the threads at the bottom of the receiver mounted in the deck. It works on the back seat mount however. My dealer is “miffed”as they have never seen this before and said all the the threaded pedestals are the same length. They are calling Nitro to see if they can get an answer. Has anyone seen this before? Did they switch to longer threaded rods for the front seat posts this year and I have the wrong seat post?

Have not checked mine, might do that tonight.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    My Z18 were very short, only engaging 2 1/2 threads. They would always loosen up. I had the pedestal boss area machined back 5/8" to ensure I had enough threads engaged. The problem was with both front and rear. Illustrated in the attached picture.
    Vic
    pedestal.jpg
    Last edited by Kerz321; 10-18-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

Just verified mine do screw in, wonder if you got the right seat pedestals? Measure the length of the pin.... this will prolly haunt me for typing that.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Pin is 4”. The female insert is 4.5” deep. Pin won’t reach. I think Ntro got a bad batch of bases. My guess anyway. No easy fix however unless you rip out the carpet in a brand new boat from the factory and replace the bases. Not something I really want to have to get done. Rather have a machine shop add length to the pin somehow. At Nitro’s cost however.

still no word from Nitro on the issue.

thanks for checking yours.

6. Member
    Better check mine, haven’t put a seat in yet and warranty coming up soon. Good catch!
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Why not call them direct. Explain your situation. They quickly took care of me when I had a problem.

Springfield Marine Nixa MO. 417-725-2667
    Last edited by Jig_Man; 11-21-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Just verified mine do screw in, wonder if you got the right seat pedestals? Measure the length of the pin.... this will prolly haunt me for typing that.
    that’s what she said
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

9. Member
    This is still dragging on. The dealer has been communicating with Nitro but still no solution. I called Nitro directly and they told me I needed to work with the dealer. The last recommendation was to hit the base bushings with a rubber mallet with the assumption they were not seated all the way down. They did not budge and in fact cracked under the impact.

I've been a Nitro owner for over 25 years and this is extremely disappointing to say the least.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GHolekamp View Post
    This is still dragging on. The dealer has been communicating with Nitro but still no solution. I called Nitro directly and they told me I needed to work with the dealer. The last recommendation was to hit the base bushings with a rubber mallet with the assumption they were not seated all the way down. They did not budge and in fact cracked under the impact.

I've been a Nitro owner for over 25 years and this is extremely disappointing to say the least.
    it’s such a bummer you have to work through the dealer. When I called nitro about an issue I just wanted to say, “no my dealer is full of hacks, just send me parts haha”
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    Does anyone have a contact with a supervisor at the Nitro factory? I could really use some help getting some attention in getting this resolved. Bryan McDonough - can you help?

12. Member
    Did you find anything out? No excuse for Nitro not resolving. If I were you I would check the thread on the seat pedestal then get a long bolt that thread. Screw it in and measure the distance. See what the difference is between that and your seat pedestal threaded shaft length. Then I’d go to the dealer with the bolt and check boats in inventory to see if it’s a pedestal issue or boat issue.
    I know this isn’t ideal, but appears you haven’t had ANY resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by GHolekamp View Post
    Does anyone have a contact with a supervisor at the Nitro factory? I could really use some help getting some attention in getting this resolved. Bryan McDonough - can you help?
    I don't know who to contact at Nitro. They will just re direct you to the dealer.

What dealer?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

14. Member
    Premier Boating Center in Jasper, TX.

To answer the other question, it is a pedestal issue mounted in the front deck. Both are 1/4” deeper than the base mounted in the rear deck. Pedestal pin won’t reach the threads. Clearly a failed QC from the factory.