New Suzuki Owner DF200A Fuel Type! Ethanol or Non-Ethanol??? Go!

Have not took ownership yet, but will in the next day or so!

I've always ran 100% gas in my lawnmowers, boats, etc. My new dealer is saying to run ethanol gas, that it doesn't break down and phase separate as 100% does! This is "bassackwards" of everything I've ever been told and thought! SO, you experts tell me what I should be running!

Thanks!!!!!

2. Member
    Personally, I run gas with ethanol in it, but I also treat it as well and replace my primer bulbs every 3 years to prevent the primer bulb material from getting into my fuel system. Additionally, have your dealer put in a fuel water separator filter as well for a piece of mind to prevent water and other getting into your fuel injectors and etc. But I also go through a lot of gas each weekend as well, so my fuel tanks are usually fresh and sitting around much. At the end of the day, run whatever type of gas you feel comfortable with.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Suzuki "prefers" we run non ethanol gas.
    Don't get into any more long discussions with your dealer, and check his work.

The motor will run O.K. with 10% but at $15,000.00 what is your opinion?

4. Member
    Dealer has it arse about! Nothing has changed with E10, it will still absorb water until it reaches saturation point and then it WILL phase separate.

I avoid running E10.

As others have said, the Suzuki owners manual says up to 10% ethanol is OK. But unadulterated is preferred.

5. Member
    Thanks gentlemen! Think I'll stick to the non-ethanol since it does sit occasionally for a little down time!

6. Member
    No Ethanol for any small engine I own, especially my DF200A
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbruce View Post
    No Ethanol for any small engine I own, especially my DF200A
    Thanks for your reply! I've decided to continue with my non-ethanol standards also!!!

8. Banned
    mine's not a 200, it's a 140. I have been using 100% ethanol free gas since new. I have a couple stations near me that have it. It's more expensive, but the way my Zuke sips gas, i don't mind paying more for it than 10% ethanol gas.

9. Member
    I use non eth with a shot of seafoam. Boat, bike mower. Car gets a tank once a month. If you use use regular gas in an expensive outboard you are asking for trouble.

10. Member

11. Member
    Before eth free gas was everywhere in ny, I used to keep 3 gas cans in my car. Filled them every chance I could. Even volunteered to work in different offices just to get close to a gas station. That was 12 years ago. Have not had any motor issues with anything. No dealer visits. Yahoo!! My 28 yo bike starts perfect everytime. I have eth free 91 about 350 ft from where I am sitting. 2.89 gal.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

12. Member
    I used to run non-ethanol on my DF200SS (exact same as DF200A) until I hit a strange issue. Certain times of the year, when the water temp and the air temp have a big difference, my motor would be hard to start. I'd have to squeeze the primer bulb and then it would run. This is even during hot starts. My mechanic and I went through all the possibilities and he suggested for me to try better fuel. So I reoriented the primer bulb and I started using ethanol free. Problem never happened again. He theorized it was most likely bad gas as covid had caused refineries to stay on winter mix longer (this happened in the spring). Winter mix evaporates faster than Summer mix, and I believe ethanol increases the RVP as well. Honestly I'm not an expert. Could it have been that? The primer bulb? Who knows, I just run ethanol free now.