Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 4motion View Post
    LOL, the serial number is at the top of the 1st post, not the thumbnail attachment picture. It is a picture of the sticker which contains the SN, Year and weight of the motor. (on the motor)

Unless he just uploaded to the post now.
    It's still not a 3L I don't remember seeing that photo in the first post when the thread started, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed something..

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    It's still not a 3L I don't remember seeing that photo in the first post when the thread started, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed something..
    You're correct- he just added the serial number photo (I've edited his first post to add the TEXT version of the serial number, so as to avoid confusion).

Moving thread to the Correct (2.5L) forum.

I would suggest having that entire pump pulled down, inspect the water pump base and replace ALL THREE gaskets (housing as well if it shows any signs of melting, which I strongly suspect it DOES).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Not hard to do yourself if you have some common tools and aptitude - 2.5L Optimax water pump replacement
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12