Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a pile of cabelas/BPS gift cards. So I am limiting my choices to Camp Chef Woodwind or Traeger. I am heavily leaning towards the camp chef. Any opinions?

2. Member
    Of those three, camp chef would be my selection.

3. Member
    I just bought a pitboss pro series 820 from Lowes. First pellet grill for me. I've used it about 6 or 7 times now and I love it. The bluetooth app isn't the best, but it works. No complaints other than that !

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brady01 View Post
    I just bought a pitboss pro series 820 from Lowes. First pellet grill for me. I've used it about 6 or 7 times now and I love it. The bluetooth app isn't the best, but it works. No complaints other than that !
    Does the pit boss have openings made for the meat probes to pass through or do they go under the lid?

5. Member
    Pit Boss has openings for the temp probe.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

6. Member
    This man speaks the truth!!! I LOVE my RecTec RT-700 Bull!!!
    I love the Wi-Fi Controls, temperature charting, 40lb hopper, 6 year warranty, customer support, internal light, all SS construction, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    I've only had my RecTec for a few months and have to say, it was worth every penny.

7. Member
    Does anyone know the advantages of the Pit Boss 820 over the Pit Boss 700 Classic. I have it narrowed down to one of these. Thank you.

8. Member
    I have the RecTeq RT-700. I love it for smoking and grilling. I control it all from Wi-Fi and chart my longer cooks with the 2 built-in temperature probes. The temperature controls are amazing (and I say that from chemical plant experience). They are built out of Heavy Duty stainless Steel. There is no middle man marking up the price to get his cut; all purchases are from the factory either in person or online. Shipping of the grill is included in the price rather than being a hidden or additional expense. My RT-700also came with a 6yr warranty. I have yet to hear anything but positive from the RecTeq customer service inquiries online forums speak of. I have a 40 lb pellet hopper that burns about 1 lb/hr (company touted and I have verified over many cooks). One complaint I have heard is that the RT-700 has low smoke output. On items I want more smoke on, I put the items in a little longer and pre-heat with the Extreme Smoke Mode (180 degrees) and have never had "too little smoke." Smoke is most likely to adhere to moist, fatty materials and rarely, from what I read will there be much smoke quality added after the first 2-3 hours. One of the biggest fail-points on a pellet grill is the igniter. The RT-700 has a ceramic igniter that, if used 1/day, every day, is said to be rated for 300 years. I'll be happy is it makes it even a third of that! LOL! Messes are minimized by the same tray under the meat racks that also assists with the even distribution of heat. This tray runs drippings to a catch can that can either be lined with a foil pan, used as its, or have a glass spaghetti sauce jar in it to catch, and even seal up the drippings.

9. Member
    Well I just purchased the Pit Boss 820 grill and can pick it up when assembled late Tuesday. I hope I made the correct decision with this product. I don't use one that often but when I do would like a decent smoker. Thanks for all the tips and information on this site which helps to make an intelligent decision as to what to buy.

10. Member
    I have had my RecTec 680, for 7 or 8 years now, and I would only replace it with another RecTec. The customer service is unbelievable, and they follow through. To be honest, when I first bought it, I was a bit dissatisfied with the smoke production, but after learning how to cook on it, I am more than pleased. I do have the GrillGrates for it, for searing those steaks, and making burgers. My wife loves the smoked mac and cheese, and the pizzas.

The RecTec is a well-built grill, and mine is standing the test of time unharmed. It is outside year-round, and no problems. Being in Iowa, I do throw a welding blanket over it when the temps are below zero. Use it year round!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123