Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a gmg and a traeger. The gmg is a better unit hands down.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
    Pitts and spitts. Hand welded in Houston. 7guage steel. Pull out grates. Will last a lifetime. I own 2 one at the lake and one at the house. Grilla grills would be my choice over rec trek . I have the small chimp for tailgating. I started with a Pitt boss a few years ago, updated the controller to a savanah stoker pid and it does well. If you are going to use it a lot the cost of grill pales vs the cost of protein over time. Good luck. JD
    +1 on the Grilla. I have the Silverback and love it. Double walled construction makes it very easy for it to keep it's temps in cold weather without having to use a heat blanket like some other brands do. And the customer service is as good as it gets
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    +1 on the Grilla. I have the Silverback and love it. Double walled construction makes it very easy for it to keep it's temps in cold weather without having to use a heat blanket like some other brands do. And the customer service is as good as it gets
    I have a Grilla chimp and its took everything I've thrown at it and some!
    Good units!

I have a Camp Chef WoodWind WiFi. The app has had a few quirks but seems to be working well now. I really like the options on this grill and use it a few times a week.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

5. Member
    Yoder YS640.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    I've only had my RecTec for a few months and have to say, it was worth every penny.
    Me too!!! Rectec 340

7. Member
    I am a chef and a caterer. check out my feed @buffalowbbq. I have been using pellet grills for almost 20 years. I have tried almost every brand. I was a brand ambassador for Traeger for a few years and been with GMG for the last 3 years. When it comes to selecting a pellet grill, start with your budget and that will clear the path pretty quickly. The Yoder is amazing grill, but a long way for a $500-700 grille. For me personally, I think the GMG Jim Bowie Prime Plus beats them all for under $1K. its huge, can be 12Volt or 120V, is incredibly efficient with burn rate, and produces great food. I personally still own traegers, rector, gmg's, and a yoder. I also have offset and a Primo Xl. Most pellet smokers are pretty similar, but the price difference changes how good the controller is which is the key to these things. Hit me up any time with BBQ/Cooking questions, recipes or advice. I am always here to help.

GMG Pretty amazing

9. Member
    Memphis Elite -- Made in the USA-Quality 304 stainless - Double wall - Easy to clean - 180-700 degrees(yes it will get there) - smoke and sear plates - Excellent control panel - Big enough to hold 12 slabs of St. Louis ribs

I have been researching pellet smokers for about a year. I was between Traeger and RecTec. I have made up my mind and the RecTec700 will be the one I get. Stainless steel components and customer service was the game changer for me. I live in Florida so everything rusts from the salt in the air. With a 6 year warranty, this thing will last a lifetime. Also a friend got one so I was able to put my hands on it and its a tank!!!!!!!! He loves it and talks about this grill all the time. Cant wait for Christmas!!!! Its on the way.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    does it put out plenty of smoke? That’s the only thing I’m having a hard time finding a info on. Thank you for the reply
    the pitboss has a "P" setting for your choice of smoke at low temps, I bet the RT has something like that?

12. Member
    pitts and spitts makes good stuff if you're in Texas and want to spend some money on a pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
    Pitts and spitts. Hand welded in Houston. 7guage steel. Pull out grates. Will last a lifetime. I own 2 one at the lake and one at the house. Grilla grills would be my choice over rec trek . I have the small chimp for tailgating. I started with a Pitt boss a few years ago, updated the controller to a savanah stoker pid and it does well. If you are going to use it a lot the cost of grill pales vs the cost of protein over time. Good luck. JD

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Jig Co. View Post
    I have been researching pellet smokers for about a year. I was between Traeger and RecTec. I have made up my mind and the RecTec700 will be the one I get. Stainless steel components and customer service was the game changer for me. I live in Florida so everything rusts from the salt in the air. With a 6 year warranty, this thing will last a lifetime. Also a friend got one so I was able to put my hands on it and its a tank!!!!!!!! He loves it and talks about this grill all the time. Cant wait for Christmas!!!! Its on the way.
    I did the same for almost a year as well. Went with the RT590 back in July.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Jig Co. View Post
    Have you checked out the Grilla grills? I’m really debating, customer service and quality seems the same, but I like the double walled pit on the Grilla. Hard choices!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Have you checked out the Grilla grills? I’m really debating, customer service and quality seems the same, but I like the double walled pit on the Grilla. Hard choices!
    Both are good products. I went with the Grilla Silverback and have not regretted it at all
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

16. Member
    I went for the Rec Tek and am glad I di
    d !!!

17. Member
    Yes, other than domestic products which are expensive, I think rec tech and Grilla are equal. Grilla probably has the advantage in colder temperature because of the double walled fire pit, also I guess it has a smoke increase smoke option if anybody thinks that’s needed .... both have the PID temp control ...I don’t think you can go wrong with either one

18. Member
    Researched pellet grills for years. Finally got a Recteq 590 for Christmas, so happy with my decision. Its the only thing we cook with now.

19. Member
    Just had my first cook on my new Pit Boss. Long time user of a BGE . I like the Pit Boss better ! Thought a bit ahead and got a smoke tube too. Works great !!!!

20. Member
    I sprung for the Pit Boss 1150. Amazing piece of equipment !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast