Question Engine swap from 01 Merc 200 Efi to 14 Merc 200 Pro XS

Current engine 2001 Merc 200 Efi S# OT334528
    Swapping to 2014 Merc 200 Pro XS S# 2B088786
    Adding Smartcraft gauge kit part# 8M0119K406
    If I remember, there is an engine harness adapter that I will need when I swap to the new motor. Is that correct or is the 2001 harness good to go.
    Thanks for all you do for us. Mark
    Last edited by Boatseller; 10-18-2020 at 07:52 PM.

2. Member
    I needed the adapter from my 2000 efi,so I would say you do too.

3. Member
    If you need one it , going be the 8 pin to 14 pin adapter harness ( jump harness) . Can't remember the part number .

I do not know if you be happy with the Mercmonitor you are buying. It is a Level 0 without tri-screens, can be hard to read in the sun (cheaper lens), does not have any NMEA capability and is no longer made.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I do not know if you be happy with the Mercmonitor you are buying. It is a Level 0 without tri-screens, can be hard to read in the sun (cheaper lens), does not have any NMEA capability and is no longer made.
    Thanks as my fat fingers left out the K in the part number. I found out I need 2 more harnesses and a junction box for this to work on the newer Pro XS engines.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Actually, let's make sure you identify that instrument correctly. There is no such part number (note that numbers printed ON parts or ON TAGS that are on parts are often PRODUCTION numbers used internally at Mercury, and often do not correspond to any actual Part Number).

You will need the adapter harness to adapt from the old 8-pin cannon-plug design to the newer 14 pin harness.

If you need assistance on the parts- see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum) and drop her an email for assistance.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor