Ideas for cup holder/ tool holder

I have a Ranger RT178c. It doesn't have the recessed foot pedal and cup holder in the front. I'm looking for a semi permanent way to add a cup holder to the front. Maybe add some T-slot rail to the gunnel up front and use one of the yakattack cup holders. Let me know what you think.

2. Member
    There are a bunch of different options that mount to a seat pedestal if you do a google search. Quick easy option if you use a seat.

3. Member
    Heres what i came up with for a cup holder. 20210618_154432.jpg
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury 150 Pro XS
    Bow: Garmin 106sv & Livescope Plus
    Console: Garmin 106sv
    https://www.youtube.com/@fishnitup

4. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Boat-Sea.../dp/B00HPNNW6Y

I have sawed the lip off before and screwed directly to floor.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

5. Banned
    __lakewood-products-pedestal-pal-jr.--lake-a029main-430_330.jpg
    Recently found this for tool storage up front.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jm_middleton View Post
    I have a Ranger RT178c. It doesn't have the recessed foot pedal and cup holder in the front. I'm looking for a semi permanent way to add a cup holder to the front. Maybe add some T-slot rail to the gunnel up front and use one of the yakattack cup holders. Let me know what you think.
    First, what I would do is add the recessed trolling motor pedal well. They make them for a retrofit or you could order one from the factory and install it - but since Ranger was sold, ordering one from Ranger might not be the best move. But other companies make them for retrofit and they have Cup and tool holders. You could probably do it in about 1/2 day....if you are nervous about doing it get a buddy to help.

If you do the rail thing like from YakAttack...please post here what you bought and the install pictures. I have been thinking of putting a rail like that on my boat but have not found an aftermarket one I like for different reasons.

Personally, I would first install a new recessed pedal holder. There is a lot to be gained there besides just the cup and tool holder. It makes fishing from the front deck more comfortable and also more stable - especially if you stand and fish much. Even if you don't stand and you use the chair --- the pedal tray is still more comfortable.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.