Thread: Crank/Swimbait

Crank/Swimbait

So the thread on Swimbaits and crankbaits got me wondering. I was considering stocking up on some of the cheaper mid depth cranks like Bomber 6As. After comparing prices I wonder if I would come out cheaper buying a bunch of keitechs and different size jig heads? A 4.3 and a 1/2 head would only cost around $2. Can you think of a situation where the cranks would be more effective? Rocky banks in winter maybe?

2. Banned
    I like and throw keitechs quite a bit on jig heads and underspins. They catch fish for sure but you will likely go through several if you’re catching fish. Even if using loc tite gel glue to keep them on they’ll eventually get sloppy and need replacing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    I like and throw keitechs quite a bit on jig heads and underspins. They catch fish for sure but you will likely go through several if you’re catching fish. Even if using loc tite gel glue to keep them on they’ll eventually get sloppy and need replacing.
    Just thinking out loud here, but what about tying a piece of craft wire to the hook eye then running it through the kitech & then back into the hook eye? Wouldn't this work out pretty good to keep using an otherwise good bait after they've started slipping down on the jig head?

4. Member
    Hey 618, I got a bunch of bomber cranks I don't use. They need to get used not stored. I will sell cheap. Pm me for info
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    I will take 6a's over Keitechs any day of the week !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

6. Member
    The 6A is a forgotten CHAMP

7. Member
    6As are still a great fish catching bait.

8. Member
    I gotta get all my bombers in one box. 6a is a fish catcher. Big fan of bandits too. Pretty much all I throw.

Love my Bombers! 6A,7A and especially the 8A’s !

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    Comparing a bomber crankbait and a swimbait is not a good comparison. Really 2 different functions. Thank you guys for bringing this up, I will have a dedicated bomber box for next year. I got some funky out of production colors. Plus a bunch of signature ones.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I love 6a's, but the past 3 out 4 I couldn't get to run right so I switched to strike king. Did I just get a bad batch or is this still an issue?

12. Member
    I'm not sold on the newer bomber 6a. Most of mine are from the 90's. They seem a bit more solid. If you are a bomber fan, sit down with a bottle of jim beam maple this Christmas and hit EBay, tons of old colors, lots, great deals. If you got a store, or go online to buy a new bomber 6a you are crazy. From here on out I'm pretty much just cranking bomber and bandits.