Thread: Tires

Tires

Own a 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 with stock tires. Just bought a small slide in camper 1200 lb and was wondering if heavier tires were in order. If so can you suggest something for me. Already beefed up suspension, and was told class D tires were needed. I dont see any listing for D tires. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It would depend on what you have as tires now. Would need size, type, and as well on your tire there will be a weight designation.
    Maybe this will help in reading your tires as well
    https://rvtires.com/tire-load-capacity/?v=7516fd43adaa

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

I would say that what came on the vehicle was capable of handling any load within the GVWR of that truck. If it is equipped with P series tires LT rated would be better when it is time to change. A stiffer sidewall tire will usually work better when loads are pushing the full rating of the vehicle. Look at the labels on the sides of your tires and observe all of the info there. Size, weight rating, speed rating, Max psi cold with weight rating, etc. Look on Tire Rack for tires that fit your vehicle and rim size. Go to specs and look at all of the data for that tire and compare.

4. Banned
    Get some E's.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Get some E's.
    This^ Many of the stock tires they put on vehicles are junk quite frankly and I wouldn't have a pick-up I plan to carry heavy loads with and not have 10 ply E load rated tires on it. You don't have to run them at 80 lbs all the time and kill your ride. I run mine at about 40 day to day driving and then beef up the PSI when I am pulling my camper or other heavy loads. They will be able to handle any load you put on them and be much safer on the highway. Peace of mind is a good thing.