Problem with 2016 evinrude g2 250hp

Hey everyone im new to this forum. Tried to post this in another place and someone told me to post here. Ok i have a 2016 g2 250 hp. Model #E250LHOAGA.
    My problem is the motor starts up great but once i get going down the river for a minute or 2, the motor shuts off completely and throws 2 codes, 114 and 115. Something about network communication problems. Ive had it in the shop and the mechanic has replaced all the neymar wiring and updated the system but still doing the same thing. Has anyone had this problem and if so, how was u able fix it? Thank yall

2. Member
    Let’s clear one piece of nomenclature. NMEA2000 is the correct terminology.
    you engine has 2 networks. The private network (Controlling shift and throttle and other engine critical function) and the public network NMEA 2000 managing messages for gauges. It Is also a backup for a failure in the private network. Codes 114 and 115 are codes indicating a problem in these networks. Evinrude diagnostics will be more specific.
    something was missed in the network troubleshooting and replacement of parts. Questions.....what parts, boat side or engine side? We need mor details to help you get closer to solving this.

3. Member
    Something to consider may be the ignition switch throwing those codes. Evinrude identified ignition switch problems back in Sept 2016 and issued a TS bulletin where rigging kits and ignition switches were redesigned for enhanced durability, quality and reliability. Old switch 766554 was replaced with 768746.

4. Member
    Thank you for replying. Mechanic got it fixed. He said he put a new control head kit on it. Ive had terrible luck tho because the 3rd time I took it out, i hit a stump while getting on plane and now its back at the shop. It wont lock into gear. Hoped i had just spun a hub but took the prop off and that wasn't the case. Its crazy cause with the motor off but key switch on, it locks into gear but once i crank the motor, it wont lock in

5. Member
    Good news on the first and sorry about the second. Hopefully insurance will cover the repair.