150 4-Stroke Cutting Out

I need some help everyone! I have a 2013 150 4-Stroke (SN: 2B059230) that started cutting out this trip out.

Engine runs smooth and normal at startup. Trim works fine up and down.

Upon take off the engine starts cutting out and shaking violently at 2700 RPM's. Will not go any higher and trim up will not work, but trim down does.

Drop below 2600 RPM's and engine is back to running smooth but trim up still does not work, trim down does still work.

Drop below 1500 RPM's and engine is still smooth and trim up and down start working again.

No beeps and no alerts on smartcraft gauge.

Any ideas?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Probably need to get the engine on the Computer Diagnostic System (G3) to monitor and made sure that the shift position is reporting correctly (as well as a number of other items, including printouts of the Run History and Freeze Frame (Fault) History).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    To any following this we were able to resolve the problem this weekend. The screw that holds the Pin Eye Rod in place was missing. Allowing the Pin Eye Rod to rotate and cause the ECM to think the trim was way too high. With the screw in place the trim goes from 0 to 14. While the screw was missing the trim reported back at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    To any following this we were able to resolve the problem this weekend. The screw that holds the Pin Eye Rod in place was missing. Allowing the Pin Eye Rod to rotate and cause the ECM to think the trim was way too high. With the screw in place the trim goes from 0 to 14. While the screw was missing the trim reported back at 25.
    thank you for reporting the solution!
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor