G-Vill conditions

Headed down tomorrow for a 3 day vacation getaway with some buddies to fish the G..

Staying around Waterfront... I know as always the lake will be crowded with the big bass derby going...

Just curious as to what the lake conditions are such as water temp... and if there has been any consistent action on top or if we would be better spent not falling in love with the frog and working some other options.... thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Looks like people are tight lip about gville. Lol

3. Member
    Always!!!

4. Member
    I'll be down next week. I'm just going to fish and hope for the best.

5. Member
    Same for us... Really want to enjoy a decent frog bite but it may be a bit early.... helps the mental game to hear someone say it and keep expectations in check!

6. Member
    I've been there a few time in November and March but not October. But I've never had a bad trip. Seem to always find some type of bite going. But I sure hope for a good frog bite.

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I was there today...T.O.U.G.H.
    I really think these fish are worn out from being fished. This by far was my worse fishing trip I’ve ever had there today. Plus they had the Big Bass Tournament there today which had to be a whole hell of a lot of boats. Every ramp was jammed packed and boats were on the lake like it was the 4th of July weekend.
    I caught a grand total of 3 fish, 1 spot and 2 largemouths that didn’t make the 15” limit. I weighed in a grand total of 1.6 lbs. I count myself lucky as I talked to 4 other guys that were waiting to load their boats and they all had zero.
    I need a Little Debbies snack cake and a gallon of that black coffee, I can’t do Mt. Dew, that stuff taste terrible.

8. Member
    Won our 2 day club classic this weekend with a little over 14#. Total grind both days. Super tough on the big g right now

9. Member
    Was down last week Wednesday-Sunday. And the frog bite is going on. Once you figure out the right pads. Get ready. I don't know how to post pics on here but we caught several 5s and 4s lots of 2 lbers. It was a great time. Nothing like watching them come though the mat to get that frog.