Left Side imaging problems

Installed two 12" Helix units with Mega side at the stern and 360 at the bow. Over the last few weeks sometimes ~25% of the time the left side of the side imaging doesn't seem to work. Its random when it does or doesnt work The right side is always fine. Anyone have this problem? Before I call Humminbird any suggestions? Do you think it may be a problem with the transducer?

Could be a weak Imaging piezo or an issue with the unit processor. Testing with another SI transducer would be the first thing to try.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edziu23 View Post
    Installed two 12" Helix units with Mega side at the stern and 360 at the bow. Over the last few weeks sometimes ~25% of the time the left side of the side imaging doesn't seem to work. Its random when it does or doesnt work The right side is always fine. Anyone have this problem? Before I call Humminbird any suggestions? Do you think it may be a problem with the transducer?
    Ok so I’ve had this problem. I have a skeeter so it’s limited on where I place my transducer due to the sponsons. I have it installed on starboard side. With that said I learned that when I’m graphing I trim my motor up as far as can with it still in pissing well and it seems to clear up the left side reading! Hope this helps!!

4. Member
    I'm a newbie and had the same problem. Trim your motor up a bit and it should work. Eventually you will learn the sweet spot for trim.
    2020 Ranger Reata 1850MS Merc Pro XS 150